Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 37 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

Well the replacement is there, willing, and enthusiastic about the Spurs job, and would certainly be a better choice for the fans, so......

I also don't understand what the benefits are when he says things like 'they scored first and when teams score first against us it makes it even more difficult for us'.
That's just handing the initiative to the opposition from the kick off. And when they do score it can only play on our players minds during the game.
The moaning has to stop. It's like having Suicidal Syd in the dugout.

I also don't understand what the benefits are when he says things like 'they scored first and when teams score first against us it makes it even more difficult for us'.
That's just handing the initiative to the opposition from the kick off. And when they do score it can only play on our players minds during the game.
The moaning has to stop. It's like having Suicidal Syd in the dugout.

I'm expecting him to resign soon; what else can he do? According to him it's hopeless and pointless playing games between now and the end of the season.

£8 mill a year for his 'expertise and leadership' ffs!

Last edited:
I'm expecting him to resign soon; what else can he do? According to him it's hopeless and pointless playing games between now and the end of the season.

£8 a year for his 'expertise and leadership' ffs!
I don’t think he will do that and I can’t see Levy stumping up compensation either. He’s already been outmanoeuvred by Poch, and it could be that Jose has taken a leaf out of Poch’s tactics after all! I do think £8 is a bargain though....😀

He must be worried he won't get that fiver bonus from Levy for finishing top 4
Maureen has been given instructions not to open the petty cash tin under any circumstances. Daniel has also canceled the one way easyjet flight to Portugal and booked Jose the National Express instead. He is furious apparently.

Jose must be panicking when all the former success stories at managerial level like Hoddle, Keown and Sherwood line up to start having a go lol.

He should be, because he's now picking up criticism that before was muted. Carry on like this and he'll be gone - if we surrender to Wolves before we even get on the pitch again, it will be the beginning of the end for him - why pay him when we can appoint a temporary manager who can also accept that our season is over and pay him peanuts inside of £8 mill for his tactical prowess?

There is truth behind the disquiet and moaning the players are said to be voicing about being made to play like this; it has gone unnoticed where it matters; if it's reflected in bums on seats because of his negativity and writing off the rest of the season, he's finished.

He should be, because he's now picking up criticism that before was muted. Carry on like this and he'll be gone - if we surrender to Wolves before we even get on the pitch again, it will be the beginning of the end for him - why pay him when we can appoint a temporary manager who can also accept that our season is over and pay him peanuts inside of £8 mill for his tactical prowess?

There is truth behind the disquiet and moaning the players are said to be voicing about being made to play like this; it has gone unnoticed where it matters; if it's reflected in bums on seats because of his negativity and writing off the rest of the season, he's finished.
Would Levy really sack him mid-season or even at the season end? It would be another blot on a series of poor managerial appointments.

Would Levy really sack him mid-season or even at the season end? It would be another blot on a series of poor managerial appointments.

No doubt it would be, but when players are already said to be getting the hump with his approach and him seemingly totally writing the rest of this season off (not what he was brought in for), if his negativity affects bums on seats the way it's now appearing this week (hospitality tickets for Wolves are now down from #249 entry-level to just £99! that's an indication that his negativity is now hurting the fans and their willingness to pay over good money for another surrender) then Levy will bin him.

Levy and the board expected leadership from him, not complete and utter surrender, no matter how bad the injury situation is/is not.

So you're saying Levy would sack him and appoint a non entity for less money ?

And that would put bums on seats ?

If Levy did that he would be showing the world what a complete idiot he was for signing Jose in the first place.

When we went through 2 windows with no signings I accepted it without realising what damage it would do. Along with a continued trend of speculative unproven signings and dismissing the need of back up strikers the impact is now being seen.
Who shoulders the blame ? Levy, Poch or the paying ticket buyers for putting up with it ? Maybe a mixture of all but who is culpable mostly. The fans are last in the chain.

It's always been far too easy to blame Levy, who has probably copped the most criticism from pundits and fans on this subject over the years. When viewed over his twenty year tenure that's pretty unfair, there have been plenty of big money signings, and I don't think that too many managers over that period would claim that they weren't supported. My own view is that the two window situation was largely stadium development influenced, which right now can be too easily dismissed as getting priorities wrong. Equally however Poch in my view only wanted a specific type of signing, young players of high energy (what went wrong with Ndombele) and potential, who would blend with his own management styling. I can't remember us being linked with a mature, quality player of proven European pedigree, throughout Poch's time in charge. Jose will be different, he'll want proven players of quality. Trouble is that Levy does expect to balance the books, and short of selling Harry Kane, I'm not sure how we'll finance the overhaul that JM is probably going to want to make.

I can't believe we are having this conversation after 3 months. Levy made this move, so instead of pulling the trigger how about he puts his hand in his pocket for a change and become part of the solution.

As for our football, yes its awful, but its been bad for a while. We all knew this would take time and money, and the injuries have exacerbated the problem.

And these players are a joke. They complained about Poch and now they don't like playing for Jose? How about playing for your personal and professional pride and for the fans. Muppets who can't control or pass the ball can fuck right off if they are also the ones complaining about the management. Jesus, give me patience.

So you're saying Levy would sack him and appoint a non entity for less money ?

And that would put bums on seats ?

If Levy did that he would be showing the world what a complete idiot he was for signing Jose in the first place.

I'm saying if you've already raised the white flag, why persevere with the general that lead you to surrender?

Appoint a new interim General to try and limit the damage as you try a new strategy.

Levy has never ever cared what anyone thinks about him and won't start now.

Last edited:
When we went through 2 windows with no signings I accepted it without realising what damage it would do. Along with a continued trend of speculative unproven signings and dismissing the need of back up strikers the impact is now being seen.
Who shoulders the blame ? Levy, Poch or the paying ticket buyers for putting up with it ? Maybe a mixture of all but who is culpable mostly. The fans are last in the chain.

The fans have no responsibility for it whatsoever, they have almost Zero influence on the strategy; even the 'threat' of not turning up was a zero option when we were consistently in the upper quartile and the results it delivered.