Jordan Graham | Vital Football

Jordan Graham

Birmingham City Website-

Bowyer rounded up his post-match media duties by explaining Jordan Graham's early withdrawal and accounting for Ivan Sanchez' absence.
He said: "Jordan [Graham] has just a little bit of tightness which happens and it is the same with [Ivan] Sanchez from the weekend. There is no point risking, I would rather the players - whoever it is - miss three or four days than three or four weeks."

Unfortunately, there seems to be more and more evidence that Jordan's body lets him down.

Some players seem to be more prone to slight muscular, joint or even skeletal abnormalities that are found out by the pace of the modern game.

It even affects some goalkeepers - like Kelvin Jack.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, there seems to be more and more evidence that Jordan's body lets him down.

Some players seem to be more prone to slight muscular, joint or even skeletal abnormalities that are found out by the pace of the modern game.

lucky he is gone then lol.

Was Kelvin Jack officially a keeper? There I was thinking he was just a waste of space - might be a good sous-chef though.

just looking at his stats, he played 9 times for us between 2006 to 2008. As a league player (here and back home in Trinidad leagues) he played 138 times from 1997 through 2012 and during that time he only reached double figures twice.
He played more times for Trinidad and Tobago than he did for all but two of the league clubs and basically, he was a walking sicknote.

One strange or unexpected stat appeared (which is more than he did), apparently he signed as a goalkeeping coach with Dover however I am not sure whether he is still there although they still appear to be his "current club. I'm just happy that we have no connections with him now. As I said just a "waste of space"!

He was officially a goalkeeper…played in the world cup!

I have (or maybe my son now has) a completed Panini 2006 World Cup sticker album (I think a couple of boxes of stickers may have been "liberated" from a supermarket in order for this to be achieved!!).

THe reason I'm telling you this is because three of the stickers in that album feature Gillingham players of the time. They're all there in their Trinidad &Tobago shirts but underneath in very clear letters it says 'Gillingham'!

This is undoubtedly the first (and will quite probably always remain the only) time a Panini World Cup sticker album includes THREE Gillingham players.

And one of them was Kelvin Jack!

Sorry Buddha, we didn't sign Kelvin Jack until after the World Cup. His sticker would have said Dundee. Still proud of Cox and Sancho though.

Sorry Buddha, we didn't sign Kelvin Jack until after the World Cup. His sticker would have said Dundee. Still proud of Cox and Sancho though.

Are you sure?! I could have sworn his sticker said "Gillingham"!

My memory isn't always that reliable though, I'll admit that much...

Are you sure?! I could have sworn his sticker said "Gillingham"!

My memory isn't always that reliable though, I'll admit that much...

He was defiitely a Dundee player the season before the World Cup, but I wonder whether we signed him pre-World Cup, so he was effectively a Gills player by then?

Whilst he was our outstanding player last season, I personally wasn't as disappointed as I might have been that he left as there was a pattern of injuries and niggles for his time at GFC (and even more prior to that). There was also some evidence that on team's playing us a second time, he started to get found out a bit with his ability to go very wide and unusually close to the goal line to get his crosses in.

Regards

Craig

He was defiitely a Dundee player the season before the World Cup, but I wonder whether we signed him pre-World Cup, so he was effectively a Gills player by then?

I'm gonna have to check the album aren't i?!

That will have abe to wait a while though, i don't have it with me and I'm in a different part of the country for a few weeks....

And what a good, industrious player Sancho was. I actually remember feeling angry when Peter 'FREEE-AAA-KKK!!' Crouch grabbed onto his dreadlocks to jump above him when scoring for England against Trinidad And Tobago.

Did he go on to own or run a cafe in Rainham Shopping Centre after he retired?

And what a good, industrious player Sancho was. I actually remember feeling angry when Peter 'FREEE-AAA-KKK!!' Crouch grabbed onto his dreadlocks to jump above him when scoring for England against Trinidad And Tobago.

Did he go on to own or run a cafe in Rainham Shopping Centre after he retired?

Yeah I liked Sancho too.

I have a distant memory of him leaping about 6 feet in the air and absolutely burying a header in the roof of the net, Ruud Gullit style, against chesterfield late in the game in front of the rainham end.

Yes, we went bloody mental.

Sancho was a great player, played for a few years in the US after leaving the Gills. Became Minister for Sport in Trinidad & Tobago for a while.