John Lundstram can do everything according to | Vital Football

John Lundstram can do everything according to

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
ex Hero/one of our own Chris Wilder.Lundy can head the ball,tackle,pass the ball and get in the box to score.He also says Lundy is like a throw back to Bryan Robson,you see i've been telling you on here Lundy's a good player do you believe me now? UTB

I think he can do all of those things, but not consistently. Dont know if its motivation or what, but he produced for about 15 games for us, and then went right off the boil and stayed there.

only when he's in the mood - which he wasn't in his last season with us.....being usurped by Berge couldn't have helped

ex Hero/one of our own Chris Wilder.Lundy can head the ball,tackle,pass the ball and get in the box to score.He also says Lundy is like a throw back to Bryan Robson,you see i've been telling you on here Lundy's a good player do you believe me now? UTB
I'll raise you rhubarb legs McPub, Burke, Moose,Verrips, Morrison if that's CW's hand you're playing

If only we'd stayed in League One TT. UTB
At least he could wheel and deal there which he did very well.Even the one eyed would admit he'd wasted most of what he was given in the PL- or like everyone is still clinging onto,(honest) McPub will come good and Moose will become a model professional overnight because they 'didn't just have to be good players, they had to fit in too'.

At least he could wheel and deal there which he did very well.Even the one eyed would admit he'd wasted most of what he was given in the PL- or like everyone is still clinging onto,(honest) McPub will come good and Moose will become a model professional overnight because they 'didn't just have to be good players, they had to fit in too'.
Yes cos it's so easy to make every signing be a success aint it,the higher up the pyramid you go the harder it becomes to be successful,especially for a club like ours,history tells you that. Of course some of us hope the likes of McB come good,whether he does or not is another matter but hoping our players and team do as well as possible is what being a supporter is all about don't ya think. UTB

Yes cos it's so easy to make every signing be a success aint it,the higher up the pyramid you go the harder it becomes to be successful,especially for a club like ours,history tells you that. Of course some of us hope the likes of McB come good,whether he does or not is another matter but hoping our players and team do as well as possible is what being a supporter is all about don't ya think. UTB
We all want them to do well, that's not at issue despite your thinly veiled slight.
If we're playing the 'some of us' card then some of us are much more realistic than others when it comes being honest about the success of managers regardless of their own allegiance and the great weight of evidence shows that CW didn't do well when dealing in the PL transfer market.

Very true Rod

Let's be fair about recent signings. In all my many many years of being a blades fan we have made many bad signings but have survived. I suspect that most supporters of many teams think the same as us. Yes I do criticise some our recent signings but always think it could have been worse.I suppose this makes me a happy clapper.

Let's be fair about recent signings. In all my many many years of being a blades fan we have made many bad signings but have survived. I suspect that most supporters of many teams think the same as us. Yes I do criticise some our recent signings but always think it could have been worse.I suppose this makes me a happy clapper.
No one's saying those signings have put the club's survival in danger but it's folly to deny that they did put our PL survival in danger because we got relegated.
No club has a 100% success rate , true but, in the PL instances one sold for a profit, 2 with the jury still out-Brewster and Berge and 4 out on loan -Burke, Moose, Freeman,Lowe with McPub at the club with a strike rate of a goal in every 10 plus games stands among those at the lower end of the success rate judgement.

We all want them to do well, that's not at issue despite your thinly veiled slight.
If we're playing the 'some of us' card then some of us are much more realistic than others when it comes being honest about the success of managers regardless of their own allegiance and the great weight of evidence shows that CW didn't do well when dealing in the PL transfer market.
Thinly,i don't do thinly in any part of mi life mi owd pal.:yes: Realistic you say well i think i'm the one being realistic when it comes to our club in the top division when i said it's always going to be difficult for us in the top flight and getting our signings right all the time wasn't going to happen.You seem to only want to talk about failure under Our Chris,hardly a mention of the 9th placed finish which was exceptional or the 2 promotions but hey that's up to you.Whatever anyone says my opinion is that we are in a better position as a club, even after relegation from the prem than we were when Chris, Our Chris took the job so in my view his tenure was a good one overall.I try to be positive about our club and yes i know a lot of the time the BLADES make it very hard to be positive but that's the way i support our club, it doesn't mean i don't see it when we play poorly tho. UTB

Thinly,i don't do thinly in any part of mi life mi owd pal.:yes: Realistic you say well i think i'm the one being realistic when it comes to our club in the top division when i said it's always going to be difficult for us in the top flight and getting our signings right all the time wasn't going to happen.You seem to only want to talk about failure under Our Chris,hardly a mention of the 9th placed finish which was exceptional or the 2 promotions but hey that's up to you.Whatever anyone says my opinion is that we are in a better position as a club, even after relegation from the prem than we were when Chris, Our Chris took the job so in my view his tenure was a good one overall.I try to be positive about our club and yes i know a lot of the time the BLADES make it very hard to be positive but that's the way i support our club, it doesn't mean i don't see it when we play poorly tho. UTB
Everyone enjoyed the ride and the 9th place but that raised both expectation and disappointment levels when it all went so spectacularly wrong.
The major signing for that season,Ramsdale, had a nightmare start and put us on the back foot from day one but improved remarkably and, ultimately,noticeably, due in part to his own hard work.
None of the others did. They went backwards even and have continued to do so since ( Berge treading water, Brewster -who knows due to the injury?).I can't see us selling any at a profit, some at even 50% of the price paid and that's having a big effect on where we are now and what we can do so, for me, that's the failure.
We are in a better position than when CW started of course but, in the cold light of day, we're a league lower than where he got us to with no tangible, saleable ( with a return) assets to speak of and an outlay over 100m.