Joe Lewis charged | Page 3 | Vital Football

Joe Lewis charged

Seems his day in court has been put off until January.

It's also emerged he is paying the legal fees of the two pilots who were also charged with him on breaking insider trading.

Not that this means much, but an old friend who used to work for me and is now a successful attorney in the US thought that even if proved guilty, that it's likely only ever going to a question of how big the fine(s) will be: this covers it:

So, if that's the outcome and it isn't dismissed when the actual facts come out, I can't see old Joe or his family losing too much sleep over it all, but may in fact lose some money, but nothing close to persuading him or the family to selling any shares in ENIC..in the short term.

Seems his day in court has been put off until January.

It's also emerged he is paying the legal fees of the two pilots who were also charged with him on breaking insider trading.

Not that this means much, but an old friend who used to work for me and is now a successful attorney in the US thought that even if proved guilty, that it's likely only ever going to a question of how big the fine(s) will be: this covers it:

So, if that's the outcome and it isn't dismissed when the actual facts come out, I can't see old Joe or his family losing too much sleep over it all, but may in fact lose some money, but nothing close to persuading him or the family to selling any shares in ENIC..in the short term.

Exactly, a fart in a windstorm.

Gary's post, copied here:

"Uncle Joe has pleaded guilty to insider trading.

What to do with an 86-year-old? Normally, in America, it would carry a hefty prison sentence but that would be the death knell for a man of his age.

He's worth an estimated £5bn. He doesn't need the money himself and he could have just given the money to his contacts who benefited from his insider knowledge."

You don’t think he has had conversations with the legal teams and come up with some sort of plea bargaining , do you ?

That sort of thing would never happen in America would it …. The land of elected representatives and politicians, where money walks and talks .

Where even Sheriffs and Judges are elected and look after their benefactors .

I take it this has no impact on Spurs. Lots of mug opposition fans all over socials taking great pleasure in mocking us.

I think his crimes (that we're aware of) are definitely in no way comparable to some of the heinous stuff that the Saudi regime have done... however some of our fans were perhaps a bit deluded to think our billionaire former owner was squeaky clean, and took too much pride in our ownership being morally superior. TBH giving some staff tips on how to make money off your business dealings pales in comparison to some of what he's been up to with land in Patagonia.

I think his crimes (that we're aware of) are definitely in no way comparable to some of the heinous stuff that the Saudi regime have done... however some of our fans were perhaps a bit deluded to think our billionaire former owner was squeaky clean, and took too much pride in our ownership being morally superior. TBH giving some staff tips on how to make money off your business dealings pales in comparison to some of what he's been up to with land in Patagonia.

He has been a desperate silly old man, this all started with him bragging to his 3- years younger girlfriend and went down hill from there, like many men before him his dick got ahead of him, and then she was going full 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'...

Silly silly old man.

But, we have no need to hang our heads low because of what he did in his private life when his brains were in his dick..during his ownership, he kept his hand off, didin't interfere in the running of the business and back Levy to build it from the ground up and from generating its own resources; he didn't cheat, break the rules on recruitment or financing, he wasn't (as far as I'm aware) a mass murderer or thief (well until now of course). He didn't nick his riches, he built his business from the ground up. As some I can easily point to, but better not here.

So, he did build his business the hard way, it's a shame he's now sullied his reputation like this, it was crass and stupid, and all because he was bragging to his bedmate....but as I said, a desperate sad old man who has let his dick rule his brain..and of course we never ever claimed that Billionaires aren't greedy, but we all hoped he was morally bound in what he did, and he was for most of his career, until now..

We have nothing to be ashamed of. Apart from his son and daughter now owning us, we have nothing to do with him.

He has been a desperate silly old man, this all started with him bragging to his 3- years younger girlfriend and went down hill from there, like many men before him his dick got ahead of him, and then she was going full 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'...

Silly silly old man.

But, we have no need to hang our heads low because of what he did in his private life when his brains were in his dick..during his ownership, he kept his hand off, didin't interfere in the running of the business and back Levy to build it from the ground up and from generating its own resources; he didn't cheat, break the rules on recruitment or financing, he wasn't (as far as I'm aware) a mass murderer or thief (well until now of course). He didn't nick his riches, he built his business from the ground up. As some I can easily point to, but better not here.

So, he did build his business the hard way, it's a shame he's now sullied his reputation like this, it was crass and stupid, and all because he was bragging to his bedmate....but as I said, a desperate sad old man who has let his dick rule his brain..and of course we never ever claimed that Billionaires aren't greedy, but we all hoped he was morally bound in what he did, and he was for most of his career, until now..

We have nothing to be ashamed of. Apart from his son and daughter now owning us, we have nothing to do with him.
What an odd way for a billionaire to impress his girlfriend.

What an odd girlfriend that is impressed by her billionaire boyfriend's insider trading.

What an odd way for a billionaire to impress his girlfriend.

What an odd girlfriend that is impressed by her billionaire boyfriend's insider trading.
He first gave her a 'tip' showing off in front of his staff...it all snowballed from there...feck knows what was in his head, but she was younger, sexy and apparently desperate for money...