Jobsworths | Vital Football

Jobsworths

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
Loads of times over the last few seasons I've been told off for either standing in the aisle or just having 1 foot in it by the tedious jobsworths that seemingly run this mard arse country now. We have systematically become a nation of pussies. Compare this to what I witnessed at the 2 champions league semis in Germany. 1st in Munich then last night in Dortmund. Now I know they have rail seated safe standing but they were massed in the Yellow Wall with not 1 aisle visible. 25,000 packed in. No wading in by over zealous stewards...no they are treated like adults and the atmosphere was akin to what we had in this country 50 years ago before the do gooders got shit scared of their own shadow.

Is it 1 rule for us and another for them.

It is worse at away games

Puts on tin hat.
I did think that the bloke in London who was trying to cross the street the other week whilst videoing himself, had never been an away fan at a football match.
Bloody silly me, Daleks already have a tin hat

Same could be said about consuming alcohol in your seats you can't in football but can in rugby (well in this country anyway)

No long queues at the rugby unlike at football when fans miss either 10 minutes of the first half or 10 minutes of the second half just to get a half time drink.

If fans are going to get pissed and cause trouble they are going to obtain alcohol from other sources, pubs, off licences etc no matter what the sport.

Our politicians have never understood football fans ans somehow see them as yobbish compared to the fans of other sports.
Surprising really, they must have seen yobbish drunken behaviour from their boxes at race meetings.
Also, this sums it up:
After Heysel, Thatcher asked what football was going to do about its hooligans. FA chief Ted Croker challenged her: “These people are society’s problems – we don’t want your hooligans in our sport, Prime Minister.” He was the first FA secretary in a century not to be knighted.

Be interested to see the stewarding at Wembley if Bayern and Dortmund make it to the final there again. Will the minimum wage paid students be forced to move around the stands all game ordering fans to "sit down" and confiscating drums, pyros, flags etc like we have to put up with every week? Or will they be given free reign like in Germany?
The point i was trying to put over was the seating arrangement at Dortmund. You have seats and aisles and presumably only 1 person per seat. They were rammed in behind the goal and for all intents and purposes it was a standing enclosure. How many tickets are sold for this end ? Now I'm not saying I don't long for this set up and atmosphere in this country but why are we told dont do that and dont wave that and sit down and dont block this and dont have a pyro...why are they treated differently by the powers that be like FIFA .

Same could be said about consuming alcohol in your seats you can't in football but can in rugby (well in this country anyway)

No long queues at the rugby unlike at football when fans miss either 10 minutes of the first half or 10 minutes of the second half just to get a half time drink.

If fans are going to get pissed and cause trouble they are going to obtain alcohol from other sources, pubs, off licences etc no matter what the sport.
Totally agree Frankie, considering how big the queues are in the ground I hardly imagine that anyone manages to get more than a couple of pints in whilst in the ground. The vast majority of trouble causers are pissed well before they get to the ground or coked off their tits.
It’s time we had risk levels at games i.e. no alcohol at your seats for the likes of Bolton games but a Tuesday night game against Wycombe what’s the issue?!