Jamo & Hermann double act? | Vital Football

Jamo & Hermann double act?

It has been claimed that James and Hreidarsson want to become the managerial double act as Pompey and have applied to be joint-managers.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?538930">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

It was made quite clear by <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>David James</font></b> a few years ago that wanted to be considered for the Pompey job when it was available as we dropped out of the premier league.

Was he considered?

I do not know, but what we do know is <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Steve Cotterill</font></b> was appointed and James, having played for England at the 2010 world cup that summer, moved on...

<b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Hermann Hreidarsson</font></b> made his first steps into management with his former Icelandic club IBV Vestmannaeyjar earlier this year.

Upon his appointment he was reunited with Jamo, who joined the Herminator not only as a player but also a coach.

As far as I am aware neither have any attachment with IBV at this point?

I am certain that the Herminator and IBV parted company and Jamo has moved on (retired?) and has been working as a pundit for BT Sport as well as being a goalkeeping coach with Luton.

Well, this pair want to be given a chance to return to Fratton Park as a managerial double act according to 'claims' made in the Mirror this weekend!

<b><I>Both were cracking footballers for this club, and huge crowd favourites so I do not think that many would turn down a Jamo return in a playing capacity at the moment, even with him into his 40's (or Hermann for that matter) but I think we have to be honest here and approach this with a head over heart view...</b></I>

The heart says brilliant, lets do it!

More realistically though the mind says that this is a double act that we probably cannot afford to take a risk on as we really need experience at the moment.

Ok, as footballers they have more experience than some ever would gain in football, but as coaches and managers they are really lacking this, no two ways about it at the level we are at.

Assuming these 'rumours' are even true as exciting as it might sound to have these two back at Fratton, at this point in time I really cannot see that it is a 'risk' that we will take, nor could we afford to take.

Down the line, well who knows...

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-freeze.asp?tid=17234" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Wycombe</b></a>.
<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17623" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Newport</b></a>.

Heart says YES .. head doesn't know yet .. but James as a keeper .. no surely he is past that so not sure where that bit came from .. It would be fun though .. The crazy gang all other again.. Hard to take sentiment out of it though

This sounds possible and they would obviously be popular. Not sure it is a goer though as financially it seems to far removed. Having said that I doubt they would be doing it for the cashers in Iceland. Interesting idea but me thinks "no" on this one.

I loved both of them when they were at Pompey, but neither of them have experience of League 2 football, so reluctantly it has to be no thanks guys. :17:

Had time to consider now and as much as I like the romantic notion and would obviously get excited by their appointment .. I don't think that they are the answer at the moment

Great people though and it never ceases to amaze me how many ex-players catch the 'Pompey Bug'

Chix it's the friendliness and the passion of the fans coupled with an antiquity of a ground. It's the character, atmosphere and aura of Fratton Park.

We all clamour for a new ground, but would that ever re-capture the same feeling. It took me a long time to accept all-seating, god knows how I'd feel about a pristine new stadium.

Apart from all that, no to Jamo and Hermann - as said many times on these forums, we can't afford sentimentality.

What a great description Blue .. made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up .. and I agree I never want to see us move away from Fratton

Hermann and Jamo, an option that most of us loved in our hearts but knew in our minds it was the wrong time. Hermann is still of an 'I'll be back' opinion though.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?539025">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

The romantic in you saw the proposal of a <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Hermann Hreidarsson</font></b> and <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>David James</font></b> management team as a great one.

Passion, enthusiasm, commitment and desire are something that we would have got in bucket loads with this pair.

Unfortunately the missing ingredient, and such a key one for us at this time, is <b><I>experience</b></I>!

They do not have this as far as management goes...

With all due respect to Icelandic football a short spell as manager with IBV for the Herminator and a player/coach position for Jamo is not enough and it is also a far cry from experience of the doldrums of league two football, a level that neither are even remotely familiar with in either a player, managerial or coaching capacity.

The heart has always (since this option came to light) said yes please lets do it but the head has taken a more pragmatic view that it just would not be the right time for this to be tested, which lets face it this would be a test at this stage.

Granted, as Hermann himself said, you all have to start somewhere but this is not the time of place for such risks to be taken really, lets be completely honest.

I have little, to no, doubt that these two will make it in the world of management, and genuinely hope that one day they do return but that someday was just not this day...

The Herminator has spoken to the News today, whilst admitting his disappointment at not getting the chance he appreciates the reasons behind this and respects them.

He too is of a similar viewpoint that perhaps another time down the line would be best for all concerned, and I think he would be right.

In effect he signed of with 'I'll be back' thoughts, something he has always had and we have always thought will be the case...

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17623" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Pompey v Newport</b></a>.

<b><I>Vital Pompey always wants blogs, so if can offer us something we would love to share it with the masses!

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing</b> <a href="mailto:portsmouth@vitalfootball.co.uk"><font color="#0E4FB0"><b>***CLICK HERE***</font></b></a></I>

A good piece Rug and mirrors my thoughts pretty much.

A great show of passion and commitment from both Herms and Jamo both of whom served this club fantastically ... But in mgmt now .. Thanks guys but no thanks .. at this time

Thanks Chix.

Wasnt meant to be at this point was it, I would definitely not rule it out down the line for sure!