Jammo released by B'mouth. | Vital Football

Jammo released by B'mouth.

Yes... most definitely.

At £75.80 a week, he's hardly going to break the bank is he.

Jamo's the man :35:

Would love to see Jamo back, but Corny is right, I wouldn't spend much on such an old chap. Almost feels like he should just play for expenses.

I loved David James when he was here, but dont think it would be a good idea to have him back now. :18:

We've been through three divisions and played umpteen dozen sides and I don't recall anyone besting Jamo's rear view. (One or two have come pretty close tho). Bring him back, I say, maybe I'll start going to FP again.......

Gandor, I saw on the forum index you'd replied to this and was going to say; Gandor; fancying Jamo's rear is not a pre-requisite for re signing him! And low and behold! YOU had beaten me to it!!! Haha :-)

lovely to see you posting Gandor, lets hope from mid-late april onwards we can get back to football talk again and that can see you back regularly eh!

as for jamo, our best keeper ever i would say. a good man and motivator but i think its best to leave him where he was...

pompeyrug - 16/3/2013 11:47

as for jamo, our best keeper ever i would say. a good man and motivator but i think its best to leave him where he was...

Mmmn... not so sure really Rug. Despite his age he's still capable of putting on a good show, and as you say... he's a motivator. Also, nobody controls his area like Jamo does, something Eastwood really needs to sort out in his game...

Anyway, its probably all academic, isn't he off to somewhere cold with Herman... :17:

Best keeper I've ever had the privilege to see in a Pompey shirt without doubt, (sorry Chalkias). Would love to see him back if the money is right. I'll never forget being 3-0 down away to someone (Everton or Blackburn I think), Jamo saves a meaningless penalty and lets out an almighty scream as if he's just won the cup, then the camera pans to him and he just has a massive deadpan face.

i remember that Fripps, it was everton i am sure we were well and truely spanked that day.

agree he is definitely the best keeper i have ever seen play for us and whilst i have been dismissive of a return i am not sure that returning as a player alone would appeal to him, think he would want to be player-manager and if he was a player-coach he might be too vocal for the managers liking?