Jacob Sorensen Signs | Vital Football

Jacob Sorensen Signs

Bears, this lad could be doubling up as a CB in an emergency but we need a reliable CM with Tettey in his last year.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Sorensen said: “It feels really good to be here. Norwich is a big club, so it is a great step for me. I’m really excited to play for the club.
“It was an easy decision when Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke showed their interest. I’m mostly a number six defensive midfielder, but can also play as a centre-back.
“I can’t wait to get started. I’m looking forward to meeting the fans when they can be in the stadium. I could feel the atmosphere through the television against Man City. It seemed incredible.”

Bears, this lad could be doubling up as a CB in an emergency but we need a reliable CM with Tettey in his last year.

Speaking to canaries.co.uk, Sorensen said: “It feels really good to be here. Norwich is a big club, so it is a great step for me. I’m really excited to play for the club.
“It was an easy decision when Stuart Webber and Daniel Farke showed their interest. I’m mostly a number six defensive midfielder, but can also play as a centre-back.
“I can’t wait to get started. I’m looking forward to meeting the fans when they can be in the stadium. I could feel the atmosphere through the television against Man City. It seemed incredible.”
I just don't like having a defensive midfielder playing as centre back. Get players in who play in their preferred roles. Amadou, Tettey, Godfrey all defensive midfielders who we have played as central defenders.

Imagine if we lose our central defenders and we only have Hanley and Sorensen has been doing very well in the Central midfield role we then have to move him into defence because we didn't recruit another central defender.

Maybe I am just being grumpy.

I like how he is being shown off in the old kit from this season - just have this video done with the new kit.

Never heard of him so I will reserve judgement . Hope he knows how to deal with the hard boys in the Chumpionshop

Never heard of him so I will reserve judgement . Hope he knows how to deal with the hard boys in the Chumpionshop
Again always a worry when we sign foreign players as the championship is a totally different league and it is bloody tough. I think DF says that Sorensen likes a tackle and the physical side of the game which is good to hear. At 6 foot he isn't massive.

I just don't like having a defensive midfielder playing as centre back. Get players in who play in their preferred roles. Amadou, Tettey, Godfrey all defensive midfielders who we have played as central defenders.

Imagine if we lose our central defenders and we only have Hanley and Sorensen has been doing very well in the Central midfield role we then have to move him into defence because we didn't recruit another central defender.

Maybe I am just being grumpy.
🤣🤣🤣

Again always a worry when we sign foreign players as the championship is a totally different league and it is bloody tough. I think DF says that Sorensen likes a tackle and the physical side of the game which is good to hear. At 6 foot he isn't massive.

In the absence of being able to watch him, two links above to some more "stat" based models around what type of player he is. Interesting to see some note he compares well to Jensen and Norgaard who made the move to Brentford from Denmark, and both have done very well. Certainly seems to do well in aerial side as well as tackling, and is able to pass...

On a note of what it means for current members of the squad - I think this signals the end officially for Leitner, and probably Trybull too. In fact, he is probably the Trybull replacement

He asked askou before the move for his opinion. I liked askou when he played for us and he still hold a love for the club. I'm sure I read somewhere that he said he cried when he left...I think he'd want to be manager one day...

'I just told him I was really happy for him. He is coming to a great football club, fantastic city, passionate fans - but loyal fans. I told him to enjoy it and I really wish it was me who could turn back the clock 10 years. I remember it like it was yesterday.'

'He said to me that he had already met many people at the club and got a good first impression. I know he is really looking forward to it. I just told him, ‘trust in yourself and believe you have the ability to make an impact. Then I said I will keep an extra eye on him. I know him a little bit. When I was a player there and recovering from a hernia I trained and did some coaching with the younger age groups. His father has been a coach there for many years, the assistant coach when I was there. I think he was 15 or 16 when I was there and perhaps he wasn’t the most eye-catching player at that time of all the youngsters. You could see he was a good player at a young age but not that he would go on to a big club like Norwich. It will be very interesting to see how he grows at Norwich. He is still young but he has already played three full seasons. The first was in the second tier, where they got promoted, and the last two seasons in the Super Liga.'

'He has a good, physical presence, good vision on the ball and he is able to play under pressure. He likes to be engaged in the physical side of the game and he has a good right foot. He scored some cracking goals for Esbjerg. I would call him a good, all-round midfielder who will develop massively when he takes a step up to a club like Norwich. He is mature. He knows his strengths and weaknesses. I am glad another Dane gets another chance at a big club in England. Not a lot of Danes have gone over these last years.'

He still sees us as a big club....delia will never give him a job then

Interesting that Sorensen says that he is a more offensive midfielder but DF wants him to play as a defensive midfielder. Could be a risk. DF does like to convert players. Godfrey from a defensive midfielder to a defender, McLean an attacking midfielder to a holding midfielder (hmmm), I think Trybull was more playmaker and DF saw him as a defensive player, Cantwell from an attacking midfielder to a left winger and even Idah has been played more as a winger.

Why not just sign a player who has done well and impressed you as an attacking player and play him there?

'I didn’t play in the number six position in Denmark, more like a number eight but I can see myself as a number six and that is positive,. We have been working a lot on the tactics out on the pitch so now I need to learn the principles for the team and the right way to press or when to drop. It is a big step.'

From what I have seen he needs to bulk up a bit if he wants to be a defensive midfielder otherwise he could be muscled off the ball.