It's off | Vital Football

It's off

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
to Carlisle we go for the replay. But assume it's still on and that the team will be travelling up today accordingly?

According to the BBC site it's off. But the OS still has it on!

Oh well. I'd decided not to go anyway after the ticket details only appeared on Friday and it was 3 extra to pay on the day.

Getting a ticket posted up here in effectively 3 working days this close to crimbo is a bit dodgy to say the least.

EDIT - OS now has it postponed

Annoyingly, the team travelled up yesterday. What a waste of time and money. Serves them right for not winning the first game!

EagerExile - 12/12/2017 11:25

Annoyingly, the team travelled up yesterday. What a waste of time and money. Serves them right for not winning the first game!
Well I?m sure the team will be on their way back now, at least they will get back sooner and have more rest before Saturday?s match than if the game had been played.
The replay could now be next Tuesday, but of course we moved The Fleetwood away fixture to the Friday so it?s not ideal.

Next Tuesday is likely but I wouldn`t rule out the game being scheduled for Monday as this might fit in more conveniently for their travel plans throughout next week.

If they play Tuesday it will mean a very busy travel schedule: traveling on Monday, staying Monday night, then not arriving back home until well into Wednesday morning. They would then be back on the bus headed north the following day, Thursday for their over-nighter prior to facing Fleetwood. If the replay is next week, whether Monday or Tuesday, travel will catch up with them. Maybe they should fly !

Yep I was thinking they could stay up North somewhere in between the games which I believe they have done before

Carlisle has an airport, Rochester has an airport, Scally can fly planes. Seems a no brainer to me!

Our expenses for this game and the wasted trip will be covered.

Damm silly not to call it off yesterday, it was obvious the game would not go ahead yesterday morning

Been in the car recently and Talk Sport were saying its rearranged for tomorrow night. Seems unlikely but I suppose it could be true

It must have been bloody obvious on Sunday that it would be postponed. Did Carlisle get a ref to assess the pitch yesterday?

Durham, as a matter of interest who pays our expenses for a wasted trip? The FA? Carlisle?

PhilK66 - 12/12/2017 15:33

It must have been bloody obvious on Sunday that it would be postponed. Did Carlisle get a ref to assess the pitch yesterday?

What you say may well be true, if so it is called gamesmanship/ good tactics. Disrupt the opposition get them annoyed irritated and down right pissed off, fans and players. It should make life easier for you. I think we would do the same to a team with that far to travel.

The Roone - 12/12/2017 12:43

What's the biggest plane that can take off from the grass runway, can they land at night? :23:

A light aircraft? Drag the players behind on a sleigh, and say "that's what happens when you don't win a home game, Merry Christmas!"

Foxinthebox67 - 12/12/2017 14:27

Been in the car recently and Talk Sport were saying its rearranged for tomorrow night. Seems unlikely but I suppose it could be true

At the risk of getting whooshed, surely this can?t be true? If the pitch is unplayable tonight then barring some kind of miracle heatwave over the next 24 hours it will still be frozen tomorrow. Won?t it?

PhilK66 - 12/12/2017 15:51

Durham, as a matter of interest who pays our expenses for a wasted trip? The FA? Carlisle?

Expenses are taken out of the gate receipts before they are spilt accordingly - i suppose in essence we still pick up around half of the cost as we will receive a lesser amount.

I wonder when they actually expected to beginning to thaw as:

temperatures dipped to -11 on Sunday night and to -6 last night, leaving the playing surface with frost-hardened areas, particularly in the shaded sections of the stadium

PS - must be a claim in this lol