Is this our worst ever Premier League season? | Vital Football

Is this our worst ever Premier League season?

Caged Canary

Vital Youth Team
I want to start by saying I really like the group we have and the manger, staff, Webber and all the others behind the scenes. I think had we gone into the season with some more positivity, some better injury luck and 2 or 3 decent signings we would've been fine. I said to a friend at the start of the season that I wouldn't have swapped squads with either team we were promoted with. Yet despite some good football we are rock bottom of the league.

So is this our worst season in the top flight? Or is it a case of I actually thought we would be ok for once?

One thing is for sure despite where we are in the league this is still one of my favourite teams we've had only equalled by Lamberts season and closely followed by Worthingtons season (bar a couple of players)

One of the best squads but the worst season to watch in terms of results.
We do have a good set up but one important thing needs changing.
The owners are the weak link. We needed 3 good signings for experience and to help out a young squad and so many of the draws and defeats would have been draws and wins.
Owners without funds and refusing to sell will take us down to league 1 again.

I think the season we went down under Hughton was worse than this for me - that season we actually did invest some money, and had been up for two years and had a real opportunity to establish ourselves in the PL, and Hughton and co cocked it up big style playing the worst brand of football I can remember seeing during my time all things considered.

This year has been a disappointment, but not hugely unexpected for me. We needed some things to break our way, which frankly with our horrid injury luck hasn't happened, throw in the ludicrous VAR incidents we've had against Spurs and Man Utd for example too....tough to overcome.

I'm pretty positive about the state of the club personally - we're in a good spot going forward, this summer and next season will be crucial mind...we need to get as much money as we can for those we sell and make sure we hit on our recruitment, so we can get promotion next year, hopefully with a deeper squad than we had coming up this time

The Smiths will buy nobody of note and we will either come up and go straight back down yet again or become a mediocre Chumpionship side

I wasn't that keen on the AN team that went down.

Players like Naismith, Whittaker, Bassong, Jerome (I was never a massive fan), R Martin (By this point he was past his best), Brady (wanted out long before), Dorrans (again I wasn't a fan), Grabban (left before we went down but was apart of the prem squad), Wisdom (never looked happy and even said at the start fo the season that he wanted to get back and play for liverpool when loan ends), Mulumbu (never looked up for it and smiling and laughing during the walk around the pitch at the end), Bamford (only a loan and short term but again looked disinterested), Jarvis

Toothless at both ends of the pitch says Mellisa Rudd ....and I agree with her . The ineptness of this present team will take some beating

Just going through the motions it seems and wanting to get it all finished.

You look at this weekend. Home to Brighton we should win that and then we are still in the fight as I can't see Bournemouth getting anything at United, I can't see villa getting anything a Liverpool and Watford have cheksea I think so it could be back to 3 points but this current norwich team don't seem to want it

Then a massive game at Watford where a win sees us back level on points and help damage Watford confidence but we know we won't show up for this one.

If only the players looked and saw there is still a chance.

For me it isn't the worst but it is by a long long long way the most disappointing. I thought the relegation under Hughton was worse.

We have in this season...

Won less games than any other team
Lost more games than any other team
Scored far less goals than any other team
Conceded more goals than any other team
Have the worst goal difference of any team

Worst PL team and manager in the history of Norwich City