is it looking like a very bad window ?

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
I think it is.
We lost Snoddy but got good money although it remains in the
coffers of the doddering board.

Pilks has gone for a low fee and we are unlikely to replace him
for that reported fee.

Fer looks like he might go for £ 7 million. Not bad business but a bit late to replace him without desperation.

Grabban is a good signing in theory but if Hooper stays is not likely to start.

Lafferty. Finally a target man . Nell places him on left wing :eek:

O Neil. freebie and we already have too many midfielders.

We now have rumours of 2 old journeymen on the radar.

We seem to have reached a stalemate with Bassong & Becchio
and unless something gives will be paying 2 players ideal for championship to sit around doing nothing until January.

The talk of giving youth a chance as suspected has not happened at all.

A very poor window so far IMO

And it aint finished yet as neyul has already talked about the loan market!!!!! Drifting aimlessly??????? You sure we aint got a shark pulling us around the big football ocean looking for a good reef to run aground on???? Run aground, run a ground, run on a ground, run around - ah yes, finally the answer :grin:

I despair.
Then again with this crap board am am never surprised about how many poor decisions continue to be made.

Carlos Cuellar - This one makes more sense than Jerome, but I'm luke-warm on this one to be honest, he might be experienced but he's no spring chicken... and I have to agree with Drayton, why aren't we playing Ryan Bennett as first choice CB alongside an experienced player? He's the future... Martin should be first choice RB and just a useful back-up for CB... we're wasting Bennett, he'll never get better warming the bench!

Beast of Penwith
:gimp:

I agree 100% entirely. no clear plan or direction, its just going to be another bout of crisis signings and management over the next couple of weeks

It wasn't a case of IF we lose any players it was a simple case of when !!! How hard is it to understand that ??

well, if he's free, less of a problem... so we've still got big money stashed from our sales ready for a mega-signing... and the answer is...???? (Tumbleweed)...

Beast of Penwith :gimp:

Nothing against free players, but when you have money I thought you'd go out and spend it on players who have a value because they are good (RvW not best example) we have signed two over 30s on a free now and it just makes me feel like the board have said to adams we will only give you a small budget (maybe why other managers rejected the job...if they did).

Ha I hope you are right BOP and they lining up a mega signing, but they way Adams is going he will sign Joe Royle as a defender and also Ameobi on a free as we were linked with him like 7 years ago

the big plan by the board is same as before when relegated from prem.

Hang on too long and provide false hope but sell best players at last minute, buy average players for too much money and then when they retire or are given away we have a small part of fee left to buy utter dross. This will happen with all our best players and we then sink down to mid table championship team.

Example of past
Sell Ashton for about £ 7 million. Buy earnie for just over half that and let himgo for £ 3.5 million. Buy Cureton for £ 700 k to replace him and then let him go for free.
Surplus money wasted on freebies, loans and agents fees.
Start with Ashton, end up with nothing !!! :idiot:

Very uninspiring window . The Little Old Norwich syndrome is alive and well . I even heard an argument in the pub where a fan was saying how much better off we are in the Championship. With views like that then we might as well sell all our better players and be like any other crap Chumpionship / L1 side . If thats what some fans want , then I am sure the Board do as well . Its about the limit of their ambition

was it something like yes or no , premier league struggling or fighting for promotion in championship , yes or no.
My answer. With this board.. neither !!

Has to be noted that very little is happening with our divisional opponents. Cardiff seem the exception. Otherwise all quiet on the championship front.