Inter making overtures to Lamela's advisors | Vital Football

Inter making overtures to Lamela's advisors

Spursex

Alert Team
I've been told that Lamela is now a major summer target for Inter - they've been impressed with his recovery and given that with the option for a one year extension on his contract being exercised still not yet done, he can leave next summer....if we do activate it without renegotiating a new deal, we keep him until summer 2020 - which still makes him a ready target for other clubs..

That makes him very affordable..

However, just recently (last month), he said this:

“Obviously, I’m happy at Tottenham,” Lamela told the Guardian in an interview last month. “If not, I would have left. I feel a part of the club, I’m at home here. I am not thinking about how long is left on my contract.”

But it seems his advisors are thinking about it and as I understand it, a number of clubs have been asking about his possible availability....and maybe just maybe the answers they are getting is encouraging them to step up interest?

Keep or sell?

We finally have different attacking options to change a game (I don't count sissoko). Keeping them all happy might be hard but Lamela on for Kane changed the game for us Vs Bournemouth and shows what we've been missing with his long lay off.

In 2 minds on this. I hated it at the start of the season when we only had 3 recognised attacking midfielders - Eriksen, Dele and Son. Poch didn't seem to fancy N'Koudou whilst Sissoko was used as an AM but doesn't really have the finesse. He is more of a box to box central midfielder. What we needed then was a fit Lamela. Come January, we have Lamela back and playing well and we also signed Moura. To be honest, it feels great having all 5 of them competing for 3 places with our bench always looking strong. We mustn't go back to having less than 5.

I also think there is a sub-plot going on with homegrown players. Today we have Trippier, Davies, Rose, KWP, Winks, Dele and Kane. Lose Rose, and we're down to 6. That means we have to integrate players like CCV, Onomah back in or buy homegrown this summer. With Barkley gone to Chelsea, that brings Zaha's name back into the equation. He's now 25 and probably the best attacking player outside of the top 6 sides. Would I cash in on Lamela and throw that money at Zaha? Absolutely.

Keep

Lamela is finally getting fully healthy and we are starting to see what exactly he can bring to the fight. I like what I see.

Unless someone brings a massive offer to the table, or he simply wants to leave, which I don't think he wants to, then by all means keep him.

As US says ....keep. He gives us so many different options . His work rate is phenomenal , his vision and enthusiasm give us what we have been missing for a long time. If he can start adding goals as well. Priceless

Crazy to let him go.....he offers so much, not least his boundless energy and desire to give 100%. He has great vision, good control.....yes he should score more, but I think he is more of a creator than finisher......assuming no injuries then next year will be a great one for him and us IMO

xvausch - 16/3/2018 20:19

¤£65m?

is this what you're suggesting they're going to offer based on info from somewhere? or just a question for us to consider if we'd take it?

Knowing how frequently we piss money up the wall I'd always rather keep a settled, quality player than sell them and risk replacing them badly. So whilst £65M would be a great return on a player who has been injured for ~ 50% of his career with us, he's currently influencing games and we might just buy 3 more N'Jie, Sissoko, Janssen, Llorente type players with the money and not bring in anyone who gets meaningful minutes.

The homegrown player quota however is a very valid concern and one we will presumably have to address quite soon! I too would swap Lamela for Zaha for this reason, even though I think they're very different players who bring different things to their teams.

Keep.I like him..and my Lamela song to the tune of Rihannas Umberella drives the misses mental

I’m torn.

I like lamela, but I’m not sure it’s for his football ability.

If losing him meant Martial/Zaha then yes fine- if it meant no one - or more than likely N’cheap buy then there is no point

I’m torn.

I like lamela, but I’m not sure it’s for his football ability.

If losing him meant Martial/Zaha then yes fine- if it meant no one - or more than likely N’cheap buy then there is no point

I agree. Though not completely since I do think he’s a gifted footballer. Zaha or Martial would be great, but don’t they play on the left, whereas Lamela typically operates on the right..

Update: Zaha is a right wing:ooops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see us signing Zaha now we have Lucas. Why spend 50m on Zaha now? Just doesn't add up.

I see the Sesse links more realistic as he plays on the left and can operate as a LB, LWB and LW.

I can't see us signing Zaha now we have Lucas. Why spend 50m on Zaha now? Just doesn't add up.

I see the Sesse links more realistic as he plays on the left and can operate as a LB, LWB and LW.

Can you see a reason to bring in Zaha if both Lamela and Sissoko leave? I suppose this scenario is a touch overly hypothetical, still though.. N’kou, LW and Sissoko RW both leaving in the summer is not unlikely. If Levy can secure Zaha for 50m, which seems low to me btw, with 2 wingers departing, I think it’s a no-brainer (as the American car salesman kept telling me, to which I wanted to reply that it is a brainer, at least when it’s my brain making a decision on a $15k car purchase..)

I must admit I'm not fussed about Zaha. I have always felt he is over hyped. Even if Lamela, N'kou and Sissoko go I don't see the point in signing Zaha. Lamela is more of an AM and Sissoko is more of a CM. N'kou has barely been used. Lucas has a similar skill set to Zaha. He also plays the RF position that Zaha likes playing.

Unless of course Poch would want to play Zaha and Lucas as wide forwards with Kane in the centre. That would mean Alli and Eriksen would have to drop back to CM's which I just can't see happening.

Us signing a LF/LAM makes far more sense. Martial, Pulisic, Sesse calibre of player.