If Messi had done that.... | Vital Football

If Messi had done that....

Captain Kernow

Vital Youth Team
Ask a latics fan to name their favourite latics moment/game and everyone will say Ben Watsons goal in 2013 and the cup final. As fantastic as that was though, it was a bog standard set piece goal that fans of other clubs would deem forgettable.
At work, we often get into debates about brilliant moments from our clubs and end up scouring you tube to prove that my halfway line lob was better than yours etc. Problem is, now I'm getting older I'm starting to forget some of our unbelievable moments of individual brilliance. The kind of moments where "if Messi had done that" it would be repeated ad infinitum on sky sports foerever. It doesn't have to be an attacking moment just a stand out piece of footballing brilliance from a mighty tic. We've had hundreds of fantastic individual moments over the years and it would be good to remember some of them now so please join in and let's remember the good times and let me prove to the ignorant cornish masses that Wigan is the greatest club in the land!!! I would include clips etc but I don't know how!! Anyhow my top nominations would be..

1) Simon Haworth goal against Gillingham in the Wembley play off final. Sublime piece of skill that wouldn't have looked out of place at a world cup.

2) Boycies tackle/block against Dzeko? In the fa cup quarter final against man city, utter dedication and ability.

David Unsworth trotting forward to take the penalty against Sheffield United that ultimately kept us up.

Nothing spectacular in itself, but the relaxed walk up the pitch that demonstrated the kind of composure that only a true veteran pro can show under such unbelievable pressure, followed by a textbook penalty.

Most professionals can score a penalty nine times out of ten, that's not a big deal, but his coolness in that situation was something to behold. From the moment he started walking, there was never any doubt, and that's a feeling that'll never leave me.

Denny Landzaat v Arsenal away

Valencia v City home.

Di Santo v Newcastle home.

Several Taylor free kicks v Newcastle .