I can't take the blame for this... | Vital Football

I can't take the blame for this...

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
I saw this on the Lincoln City FC Memories Facebook Group and noticed that Vital Lincoln City were sponsors of Clarke Keltie and Drewe Broughton. I started running the website in November 2011!

93795117_10159636469508957_8364935454524440576_n.jpg

Extraordinary - both Keltie and Broughton made 31 appearances for City, and neither one managed to score.

I remember stopping Clark Keltie getting in front of me on the A1 after yet another defeat. Heading north after a game, I got just shy of Donny and got to some roadworks and a single lane. A glimpse into the wing mirror showed a big car (make escapes me but a fake Bentley lookalike, Chrysler maybe) flying up trying to pass a couple more before hitting the works. Must have been a sixth sense thing, but I floored mine to stop it. A look in the rear view showed me a very angry man. As we left the works, the car passed me, the registration was K31TIE. Don't think I've ever felt so good driving, and probably never will again!

We have sponsored quite a few players since I took over in November 2011. How many of them can you name?

I think we've always picked the top ones on offer

So obviously Bohan Dixon.......Paul Robson......Robert Duffy.....

Edit.......................but as a more sensible nod I recall the ones for Tom Pett , Luke Waterfall , Callum Howe and Nathan Arnold in the past couple of years...those in the Holdsworth years I'm slightly struggling to recall

I think we have done as well as we could have done, to be honest, especially in the last few years.

You always have to assume my posts are in olive, Jules. When I learn how to do it, everything will be much easier. ;)

At the time some of those chosen would have been seen as 'big' names (relative term obviously) who then proved themselves to be the opposite! You never really know what you're going to get with a new player after all.

Certainly had worse midfielders.

Every time someone mentions Keltie, I was always think of his idiotic sending off against Halifax in the FA Cup.