Hunt's secret plan for further NHS privatisation | Page 2 | Vital Football

Hunt's secret plan for further NHS privatisation

That is ollocks - as soon as taxes increased everyone will want a pay rise to cover it.

Do you know how many people are in debt or living hand to mouth or are on benefits in this country?

So, we're down the league compared with developed European countries in terms of spending per head and we're also down the league regarding beds per capita. I'm sure Mr Hunt will be addressing that issue.

60 people in my local surgery did not turn up for appointments in December. Charge them 20 next time that they want to see a doctor. I was having physio last year. On average 70 patients did not turn up for appointments each month. Charge them 100 next time. Drunks attending A & E - charge them.

Agree completely with Wayne about bureaucracy and central procurement. Anyone needing just paracetamol invited to go to Poundland at 19p for sixteen even if entitled to free prescriptions. Put a large chunk of National Lottery funding towards the NHS. Cut foreign aid budget by 80% and save it for catastrophe or famine relief.

Do all this and look to increase taxes in areas where it doesn't harm the poorer sections of the community.

The major problem is not so much funding it is recruiting staff. I personally know 2 nurses who are considering quitting. The moral levels of staff in the NHS are at an all time low. The removal of the training bursary is hardly likely to help with recruitment. I would also worry what Brexit might do with to staff within the NHS

My mother-in-laws life saving surgery for aggressive cancer has been cancelled twice. Leicester hospital has cancelled life saving surgery for cancer for 30 patients over the christmas period, because there are no HDU beds. They are the only hospital to do so in the country. Which is actually against government guidelines. She is due to go in again on Feb 2nd. It can only be can cancelled now by the CEO of the hospital. I suspect because the cancer is so aggressive (she hasn't had chemo since December 7th) by the time she has the operation it will be too late and the cancer will have spread. The likely outcome then is not good.

On a personal note I can't stand the smug, smirking Jeremy Hunt. Cockney rhyming slang most apt.