Howler puts us in the hat... | Vital Football

Howler puts us in the hat...

As I said on the match thread, given that the goalie is a Scottish international I thought that was a very good effort from him.

Fantastic effort and very unlucky. Ironically, had he not bravely put his hands in the way it would have bounced off him and gone wide. I suggest he stands still throughout matches in future.

To be fair, from the highlights I saw and the match comm, sounds like those two powder puff goals and keeper errors - the Gills goal an absolute howler - summed up the game. Would have taken that before though - happy to be in the Second Round draw with half a chance of progressing.

I listened on RK. First half especially we sounded toothless up front (no pun intended Mikael). Second half we had a lot of the ball but not sure how many clear cut chances we created. Our lack of clear shots on target is a real worry and something that Evans will have to address if we want to pull clear of the relegation scrap this year. Who knows if he can find an effective combination out of Mandron, AJ or Hanlan. If not then we may need to plunge into the loan market.

I wish he could find a place for Pringle though, he does seem to be one of the few with real quality.