How many points

Roger Ramjet

Vital Reserves Team
Will we need to make the playoffs?

is 75 likely to be enough?

3 wins Bolton H Burton A Barnsley H
2 draws Middlesbro H Cardiff H
2 defeats Villa A Wolves A

Equals 76. On season long form that should be attainable; on current form it wont be.

Teams 6 to 9

Middlesbro Points 63. Max possible 81 max possible with draw above 79. Also play Sheff Utd A, Millwall H Bristol C H.

Sheff Utd Points 62. Max possible 80. Have to play Middlesbro Preston Millwall (All H) and Bristol C A.. Max possible 80

Bristol C Points 62. Max possible 80. Have to play Millwall Middlesbro (Both A) Sheff Utd H

Millwall Points 62. Max possible 80. have to play Bristol C Fulham Villa (All H) Sheff U Middlesbro A

Preston can get to 78 and Brentford to 76. Both have comparatively reasonable run ins, each playing one of the top 9 but poor goal difference. if we get to 76, they would have to win out.

There are an awful lot of games between teams 6 to 9 where at least one of them will drop points. We also have the best goal difference - substantially so in case of Sheff U Bristol C and Millwall.

So beat the three cellar dwelling B's and avoid defeat at home in the other 4 games, and the fixture clashes in positions 6-9 should see us home.

Or am I being unduly optimistic?

Spoken like a true accountant RR...but as your inner Derby fan should know, especially after the Easter results, nothing ever goes according to plan...probably beat Wolves, lose to Burton, crush Colin’s Cardiff and screw it all up by struggling to a draw against Barnsley on the last day when all we need to guarantee a play off place is a simple 1-0.

Or am I being unduly pessimistic?

Its interesting that teams 6 thru 9 have all got to play each other innit though.

Curiously your AltResults would give us exactly the same number of points as I postulated :finger:

Happy sugar tax day

Spoken like a true accountant RR...but as your inner Derby fan should know, especially after the Easter results, nothing ever goes according to plan...probably beat Wolves, lose to Burton, crush Colin’s Cardiff and screw it all up by struggling to a draw against Barnsley on the last day when all we need to guarantee a play off place is a simple 1-0.

Or am I being unduly pessimistic?

No, I reckon you're being more than a tad optimistic!! No more than 72 points!!

Latest Rams News