Here we go! | Page 1619 | Vital Football

Here we go!

Apparently Trump has said that he plans to have sole control of interest rates himself if he wins the presidency.

Say goodbye to the world economy folks.

Lettuce Liz wiped out £30b, Trump says "hold my beer"

The other day the conversation drifted into the realms of people on benefits who shouldn’t be while at the same time there are people who should be on benefits who keep getting rejected.

What people don’t realise is that most of the IT is out of date and even the most recent desperate recruitment was stopped before reaching the original target of 90% of the required staffing. And that’s before people leave because the job is harder than they realise (probably due to idiotic know-nothings telling them that the civil service is an easy ride).

Then to try and show they are making a difference, the staff get set targets such as reject x% of all applications and then leave it to the local offices to decide how that’s done. Believe me I have seen some insane ways of trying to meet the target.

The reality is that if you want to stop fraud and make sure only the right people get benefits then you have to invest properly.

It’s a similar thing with HMRC. We lose billions each year but the resource just isn’t there to fix things properly.

completely agree. current system is a lose lose because it was designed from a system pov not the end user pov.

overly punitive despite the fact these are social rights as defined by parliament. when strett talks about waste, it is this lack of proper investment that causes the most waste. moreover it creates a shitty toxic relationship between users and handlers.

it's not glamorous like brexit, doesn't win any votes like kicking out migrants but this, ladies and gentlemen, is the real work of running a country.

be sure to let us know bash if any proper work starts to happen...

completely agree. current system is a lose lose because it was designed from a system pov not the end user pov.

overly punitive despite the fact these are social rights as defined by parliament. when strett talks about waste, it is this lack of proper investment that causes the most waste. moreover it creates a shitty toxic relationship between users and handlers.

it's not glamorous like brexit, doesn't win any votes like kicking out migrants but this, ladies and gentlemen, is the real work of running a country.

be sure to let us know bash if any proper work starts to happen...
There is plenty of work from those doing the job but very little at the top. People are doing the job despite the tools and the legislation.

The mantra of do more with less is currently do more with nothing.

The people I am responsible for are largely doing a brilliant job but I am being pressured for better results and when I push back or ask for things that might improve the situation it either falls on deaf ears or I just get told there’s no money, get on with it.

Nobody said these are a panacea. The life cycle analyses show carbon gains, and they are what count.

And on that basis if Drax had started planting trees at the rate they do now, on the first day of operation in the mid 1980’s, the station would have been ‘carbon neutral’ a decade ago running 6 units on coal.

Which is clearly nonsense, but that’s what the data would show.

Weak tiny Rishi can’t be far off breaking out the cyanide pills in his bunker now.

It’s over & absolutely no one will miss this absolute shower of *****. If Starmer had any balls he’d tell this **** to fuck to the yellow Tories as well.
For once I agree. He is a traitor