Has there ever been...... | Vital Football

Has there ever been......

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
..... two such enthralling EC/CL semi finals in the same season?

I don't believe there has.

I have really enjoyed the last 2 evenings of football on t' box.

No, think you are right MadAmster. Two fairytale games and two evenings of pure football entertainment. I am leaning towards a Liverpool victory but not with much conviction. Great that an English club will lift 'Ol Big Ears' this season. Though.... call me old-fashioned. This Champions League final.... featured no 'champions' !

I'm no great fan of this new format either. You get the situation in the group stage where, after game 4, some sides have already qualified. They field their 2nd string in games 5 and 6 which I find disrespectful to the competition, the other sides in the group and also unfair to the other sides in the group. You can have a side going through in 2nd place or on to the Europa League via a 3rd place finish because they played your reserves whereas the team they edged out faced your 1st team in both group matches. Unfair. They could even keep this rubbish of having as many as 5 teams from one country, revert to a knockout competition and remove the idiocy of soem actual Champions having to start qualifying rounds in June.

Latest Rams News