Guess which ground stood here 4 | Vital Football

Guess which ground stood here 4

I am going to show what a sad bugger I really am.....Somerton Park, the old ground of Newport County.....
The only reason I know is that I have driven down that very road.

I am going to show what a sad bugger I really am.....Somerton Park, the old ground of Newport County.....
The only reason I know is that I have driven down that very road.

Correct.

Nothing sad about that I love football grounds and the sites of old football grounds.

Well okay it's a bit sad but hey who cares I enjoy looking at and researching all sorts of stadia!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Scarborough's seamer road site is still there, just very derelict.
Good day out was Scarborough, especially in 1997.

Correct.

Nothing sad about that I love football grounds and the sites of old football grounds.

Well okay it's a bit sad but hey who cares I enjoy looking at and researching all sorts of stadia!

Thank you, I just love the history of it all really. I went to Somerton Park twice, and it was a khazi of a ground but I loved it.

I'm pretty sure Scarborough's seamer road site is still there, just very derelict.
Good day out was Scarborough, especially in 1997.

Seamer Road, or The McCain Stadium, now has a Lidl on it. The wrought iron gates were salvaged and resurrected at Phoenix Club, Scarborough Athletics Ground which opened a couple of years ago.

Thank you, I just love the history of it all really. I went to Somerton Park twice, and it was a khazi of a ground but I loved it.

Seamer Road, or The McCain Stadium, now has a Lidl on it. The wrought iron gates were salvaged and resurrected at Phoenix Club, Scarborough Athletics Ground which opened a couple of years ago.
Think it was 2015 I last drove past and it was a right state then , such a shame what happened to them.

I do admit it mate, I can’t really deny it can I ? 😂

For me, as I have stated elsewhere, it is about the history, which is what fascinates me.

I get that. Football history isn't really my thing, but I have a lot of interest in what might be called "social" history generally.

You're still weird, though. You weirdo.

I get that. Football history isn't really my thing, but I have a lot of interest in what might be called "social" history generally.

You're still weird, though. You weirdo.
It would be pretty boring if everyone was ‘Normal’ like you Notty