Good time to play Torquay | Vital Football

Good time to play Torquay

Hillman Imp

Vital Squad Member
<p><font size="4">14 conceded in the last 4 games.<br /><br />This from the local rag down there,</font><br /><br /><em>United must now get themselves ready to face Lincoln City at Plainmoor next week where Nicholson is facing something of a selection crisis.<br /><br />With Smith suspended following his red card at Barrow, Verma joins the likes of Luke Young, Waide Fairhurst, Exodus Geohaghon and Ben Gerring on the injured list. And with no money and James Hurst expected to leave Plainmoor this week, Nicholson&rsquo;s options are extremely limited.<br /><br />&ldquo;Aman has a minor hamstring strain, which is very unfortunate for him because he has come in and I thought he was doing very well,&rdquo; Nicholson said. &ldquo;He will be out for a week to ten days now, so someone else will get a chance.</em></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="4">Whatever BD has done he has at least kept a lid on spending so we have not ended up like this. Torquay have 9 long term injuries and no money to strengthen. I wish them luck and hope they recover but starting next Monday !!!</font>!<br /><br /><br /></p><em><em /></em>

Won't have a better chance of beating them. Especially last week Nicholson was lauding Smith as their top defender.

Luke Imp - 16/11/2015 14:54

We'd be better off if they had Exodus playing!

Looked impressive paying for the 'Bankrolled Bruisers' of Kettering a few years ago and went for big money to Peterborough but never kicked on from there, always a mistake in him each game.

Do other fans feel like me that the dice is now rolling our way after years of everything seeming to go against us fingers crossed we can come away with a result.

UTI

The weather may play a part here. Think their last game against Wrexham was postponed, and the weather forecast does not look good for the rest of the week. They have a habit of not doing much to get their games on if it does not suite them.

Stevie_imp - 16/11/2015 16:47

Another club that a Millionaire got tired of funding.

A bit harsh to be fair he had a good excuse. He died, his wife bankrolled them for a season and then left them supposedly debt free. They were then left to stand on their own and operate within their means.
FGR fans better hope vegans have immortality.

rs

Not sure that is true.

If I was in charge (which I'm obviously I'm not) I'd be viewing Torquay as potenial title challengers /play off challengers and treat them with that respect.

impsimps - 16/11/2015 19:11

The weather may play a part here. Think their last game against Wrexham was postponed, and the weather forecast does not look good for the rest of the week. They have a habit of not doing much to get their games on if it does not suite them.

A months rain in 48 hours is hardly Torquay's fault. Its 'suit them'.

johnolbe - 16/11/2015 19:25

A bit harsh to be fair he had a good excuse. He died, his wife bankrolled them for a season and then left them supposedly debt free. They were then left to stand on their own and operate within their means.
FGR fans better hope vegans have immortality.

I was talking about the wife. She continued to pump around £2500 a week into the club. I wasn't being critical of her, she acted in memory of her husband. She also sold her shares for £1 to exit. My point was that the club was completely unsustainable and relying on effectively charity. The FA needs to introduce some funding rules and caps.

The Electric Banana - 16/11/2015 19:40

As for all their injuries, it suits them to sit on their suite, wouldn't you say?

Warrington Imp - 16/11/2015 17:29

Do other fans feel like me that the dice is now rolling our way after years of everything seeming to go against us fingers crossed we can come away with a result.

UTI

I'm with you on this Warrington!

Yes, and it should be "a month's rain" don't you think? As in "a month's worth of rain."

Impalex - 16/11/2015 20:47

As for all their injuries, it suits them to sit on their suite, wouldn't you say?

It can hardly suit them to pay the team for not playing football. they are short of funds as it is!!

Fairhurst available but still defensive problems for the Gulls

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Defensive-selections-problems-Kevin-Nicholson/story-28212798-detail/story.html?

I can't see Fairhurst being match sharp. I don't think we will have a better opportunity to beat these than tomorrow, the odds do look in our favour.