Gills Vital 2020/2021 Prediction League - Match 15: Gillingham Vs Woking | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills Vital 2020/2021 Prediction League - Match 15: Gillingham Vs Woking

Matt Jarvis is not the only link between the two sides. John Akindie played against Gillingham when we lost a pre season friendly in 2013 at their place 3 nil .Akindie wasn't on the scoresheet that day.

If Evans plays weak team : Gills 1 (Akinde) Woking 2
If Scally pushes for strong team , for the much needed money - Gills 3 (Akinde 2, Graham ) Woking 1

If Evans plays weak team : Gills 1 (Akinde) Woking 2
If Scally pushes for strong team , for the much needed money - Gills 3 (Akinde 2, Graham ) Woking 1
What's the point of playing a weaker side .We have Arsenal in the tin pot trophy then the game at Lincoln next week is cancelled. So any fringe players can play Tuesday. Any injuries probably means they will be rested.That apart it will be our strongest side as they get a rest next week anyway.

What's the point of playing a weaker side .We have Arsenal in the tin pot trophy then the game at Lincoln next week is cancelled. So any fringe players can play Tuesday. Any injuries probably means they will be rested.That apart it will be our strongest side as they get a rest next week anyway.
100% agree Chris (see FA Cup thread) - but Evans may have prepared the squad with a weak team, and let a few like Demps, Graham go off on a weekend break, before the Lincoln game called off

Matches produce injuries and the money to be made from the Cup this year isn't as good.

I imagine they don't see it as worth the risk with 2 players already out for the season.

I'd love a cup run but it's not the same this season so I get it.

Matches produce injuries and the money to be made from the Cup this year isn't as good.

I imagine they don't see it as worth the risk with 2 players already out for the season.

I'd love a cup run but it's not the same this season so I get it.
Short sighted to field a weakened side .Losing is not a option. The Gillingham team Evans plays simply has to be good enough. Attendance might not be possible but future revenue isn't going to be helped if we lose.As I have said there is a chance to rest players after this game.

Dempsey and Samuel need games to get them up to speed and match fit after injuries.

They will probably not play the whole game but it would be good to give them a run out if they do not have any new niggles.