Gills in The Pub - Episode 12 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Gills in The Pub - Episode 12

And that's why we're on our 3rd coach in 7 months.
It's not about "liking it" or not. I'm telling you, THAT's the problem.

You can either see it, or you can't.

We are also on our 3rd coach in 2 1/2 years. I say again, it’s the first and possibly only time we’ve ever sacked a manager after 6 months or simply “too early”. Nothing suggests to me that Brad is going to keep doing it.

If he/we get the next appointment right, the new manager will probably be in place 2 or 3 years, and that’ll be 3 coaches in 5+ years. “IF”.

We are also on our 3rd coach in 2 1/2 years. I say again, it’s the first and possibly only time we’ve ever sacked a manager after 6 months or simply “too early”. Nothing suggests to me that Brad is going to keep doing it.

If he/we get the next appointment right, the new manager will probably be in place 2 or 3 years, and that’ll be 3 coaches in 5+ years. “IF”.
Yeah, IF. That`s a big word, or , is it. ;)

Last edited:
Having read your posts, I wish you could see the surprised look on my face...
I think I've been consistent with my overall sceptical view on Clemence. But I have to say if the recruitment team equally goes "unpunished" then he deserves sympathy. Let's hope the next appointment works out better. And that's the key. Get the right person in then we won't be having similar conversations for a while!

Neale Cooper was shown the door after less that 6 months and that period included the close season so 22 matches only.

Mind you, rumour had it that he was sent packing for off the field behaviour, although results were also pretty poor.

Neale Cooper was shown the door after less that 6 months and that period included the close season so 22 matches only.

Mind you, rumour had it that he was sent packing for off the field behaviour, although results were also pretty poor.
Yeah he was certainly struggling with some issues off the field, hope he got some help.