Gareth gets it right at last..... | Vital Football

Gareth gets it right at last.....

snowleopard

Vital Squad Member
Everyone asks why it is Raheem Sterling can't replicate his City form in an England shirt.
It's really rather simple. Gareth doesn't play Raheem in the same role. Tonight he has and the reward is 2 goals for Raheem and 3 up for England at half time away to Spain....yes I just pinched myself and it's true!

It's a no brainer, isn't it?

He'll have to abandon his 3 at the back for it to work, that means leaving out one of Trippier or Walker and I think that's what he struggles with.

When you have a dangerous player like Sterling you have to suit to fit, can't shoehorn him into the side in a role that doesn't suit him and expect results.

I think Winks makes a difference too because he can pick a quick pass from midfield.

Well done RS7 - doubling his England goal tally in 90 mins, makes sense to play him in his more natural wide right position where his predatory skills can come to the fore.

They are singing RS7's praises on 5live and calling the third goal very man city like, I hope he has a good game next time out as they'll crucify him the first mistake he makes.

It's a no brainer, isn't it?

He'll have to abandon his 3 at the back for it to work, that means leaving out one of Trippier or Walker and I think that's what he struggles with.

When you have a dangerous player like Sterling you have to suit to fit, can't shoehorn him into the side in a role that doesn't suit him and expect results.

I think Winks makes a difference too because he can pick a quick pass from midfield.

Was it me or did England function much better without the show pony Deli Alli? Winks was a much more understated, hard working player willing to put in the hard yards for the team. Alli seems to think he just has to roam around midfield looking surprised when he gets dispossessed.

The other player who ought perhaps to be worried about his position?

Lynne Gard. Didn’t notice he wasn’t there either.

Great night for Barklay.

Another player that's shoehorned imo Skoorb, he does his best stuff playing off a striker, not in midfield.

Winks for me played much better than Henderson and this allowed Barkley a bit more freedom.

Spain targetted Trippier and gave him some punishment, the question is, who is the better defender Him or Walker.

Chilwell continues to impress, but they have to do something about the easiness of conceding goals and I do question Pickford's positional sense and the ability to know when to hoof it up to row Z

good to see him get a couple. Hopefully the boo boys and racists will get off his back. Meanwhile why don't they put some fucks into Maguire, Dyer and the idiot Pickford.

Another player that's shoehorned imo Skoorb, he does his best stuff playing off a striker, not in midfield.

Henderson likewise - a player looking for a role & not being very good at whatever he does. Dier seemed more at home (loved his tackle on Ramos :thumbup:) without Henderson who predominantly plays the ball sideways or backwards. Dier seemed able to concentrate on his defensive duties freeing up Barkley.

Its the booing by fans other than Liverpool, but it must get to him, take the booing away and he can score as we can see from last night. I think Mario should send him the T-shirt to borrow 'Why always me'

Would that be Lynne Gard Blue? Rubbish in MHO.

Was referring to Alli. Lingard I just can't put my finger on, busy little fucker that doesn't really look a threat but then he'll arrive late in the box and score or he'll hit a 25 yarder into the top corner.