Forest v Brentford - Match Preview | Page 4 | Vital Football

Forest v Brentford - Match Preview

Calvin Plummer - 8/3/2017 09:24

factchecker - 8/3/2017 09:11

LyttleByLyttle - 8/3/2017 08:49

Have we ever used four different keepers in a single season FC?

I've had a look around here: http://www.thecityground.com/seasons_list.php

there are quite a few where we've used three but I can't see another one where we've used four.

Did kids at school ever impinge upon your good nature to do their homework for them?

If i wasn't interested myself, I wouldn't have bothered. As it was I just checked the last few relegation-threatened seasons as they seemed the most likely (Calderwood/Davies, for example, we used 3 - Turner, Smith and Camp).

factchecker - 8/3/2017 08:24

ThePromisedLand - 7/3/2017 22:59

malc08 - 7/3/2017 22:35

Just got back from a very poor game,from the initial team selection which was dire and things just got worse until the changes.
Fook me we are playing Brentford at home Brazil why concede possession from the start,why not pick your best side from the start and make them think what as hit us.
Britt and Cash should not have started tonight, and I don't know why the MOM from Saturday Traore did not start tonight because Pinnilos was poor.
Vaughan as been a very good player but I am sorry his days are numbered and he is not good enough.
If we don't play our best possible eleven I can see us having problems for the remainder of the season,Worrall & Smith warrant their selection, Osbourn just about worth a place but the midfield needs major surgery ASAP.
Fox as been outstanding since Xmas when playing in the centre and should keep his place when the others come back from injury.

Worrall? Watched him progress through the Academy - but he is having a mare & needs to be rested for his own good.

Yep. Odd to pick out Worrall when his diving in was a significant factor in both second half goals. Test is whether he learns from them or keeps doing it.

Quite a few had poor games.

With regard to Worrall - Fox got him out of jail twice against Brighton for diving in, exactly the same.

Crazy Joe Davola - 8/3/2017 07:12

As I said at the time they needed to bring in a replacement for Lansbury, maybe the guy from Villa is that man but we haven't seen him. It's gonna be up an down till the end of the season. Win the next 2 and we'll be fine.

On last night's showing & with DoF in the stands - sign Ryan Woods, 23 year old defensive midfielder for Brentford - very tidy player and more than happy to get stuck in.

Vaughan is/was a class act, and not mobile enough to cover for Cash & Benny. They were far too quick for us - Cohen, if fit, back into CM.

With Ward banned, Benny to the left - Clough into No.10.

McCormack to start ahead of Britt, give him a rest & bring him back for Derby.

Pinillos looked like he was struggling - so, Traore at LB & also, Manc at CH for Worrall.

was listening last night- was assuming cohen and traore can't do back to back games.

shit result that leaves u scratching your head. much work to be done before safety is secure- we should do it but zero room for complacency or loss of concentration.

fooking fulham last season all over again.

It's OK us saying we'd have picked this player and dropped that but the team that started, except Cohen and Traore (who would've been pushed too hard if they'd started), was the team that just beat Brighton 3-0. You've got to stick to a winning formula sometimes but I think GB conceded in his post match interview that he shouldn't have done.

Britt definitely needs benching on Saturday - he contributed nothing, he's lost his confidence & mobility and the Brentford CB's had a cigar on against him. Clough was excellent when he came on and started to ask questions with his passing and movement. BB's energy is so refreshing in comparison to Britt.

Worrall was too exposed and up against some serious pace & skill, hence he struggled at times. He's never going to be as composed as Fox on the ball. Manc will be back too Saturday and that will add some quality at the back.

Vaughan needs a constant run of games. When he's in and out of the team he struggles to find his mojo.

paplane - 8/3/2017 10:51

It's OK us saying we'd have picked this player and dropped that but the team that started, except Cohen and Traore (who would've been pushed too hard if they'd started), was the team that just beat Brighton 3-0. You've got to stick to a winning formula sometimes but I think GB conceded in his post match interview that he shouldn't have done.

Britt definitely needs benching on Saturday - he contributed nothing, he's lost his confidence & mobility and the Brentford CB's had a cigar on against him. Clough was excellent when he came on and started to ask questions with his passing and movement. BB's energy is so refreshing in comparison to Britt.

Worrall was too exposed and up against some serious pace & skill, hence he struggled at times. He's never going to be as composed as Fox on the ball. Manc will be back too Saturday and that will add some quality at the back.

Vaughan needs a constant run of games. When he's in and out of the team he struggles to find his mojo.

Agree with that. It's ironic really, a few eyebrows were raised when Treore and Cohen were picked against Brighton, but after they played so well and one game later, there were concerns that they were rested (with good reason IMO) against Brentford. Fickle fans. The point is, the manager sees them in training and knows where they're at with their fitness etc. We need to trust the staff more.

Totally agree that BA09 needs to be benched for Burton. Bring him back with a point to prove against Derby. I'd start with Brereton and Clough although I have a strong feeling McCormack will forge a good partnership with Clough. I do like Clough's movement, inventiveness and skill and I think he's a good player for the future at Forest.

aryibi and teixera must be rubbish in training to say they can't even get on the bench for this team. hardly inspiring. I presume they were signed with the intention of having them in the team.

I hope cohen and traore are fit for the weekend. we need our cbs back fit.

I don't fancy seeing Worrall playing in a big game like the derby game.

the jock - 8/3/2017 12:08

aryibi and teixera must be rubbish in training to say they can't even get on the bench for this team. hardly inspiring. I presume they were signed with the intention of having them in the team.

You need to accept the fact Hobbs is fooking shite.

Calvin Plummer - 8/3/2017 12:23

the jock - 8/3/2017 12:08

You need to accept the fact Hobbs is fooking shite.

we have mancienne, mills and hobbs out. where did I mention hobbs in that paragraph? bizarre. you seem a bit obsessive with playing down hobbs , defending montanier. are you OCD? I think you definitely are.

I don't like goal music at the best of times. Goal music when you score an 82nd minute consolation to make it 1-3 at home just makes you look ridiculous.

factchecker - 8/3/2017 09:11

LyttleByLyttle - 8/3/2017 08:49

Have we ever used four different keepers in a single season FC?

I've had a look around here: http://www.thecityground.com/seasons_list.php

there are quite a few where we've used three but I can't see another one where we've used four.

Interesting, thanks.

I couldn't recall a season but I'm a lot younger than most on here.

paplane - 8/3/2017 11:51

seriously, some of you are only saying Britt isnt good enough now? He has looked like an old man since day one of the season, including when he scored his first two goals, seriously, I was like, didnt you all see the state of him? BB n Mc are both miles ahead on ability sorry, Britts gone and we are typically stuck with him for 5 years.

paz1967 - 8/3/2017 23:26

paplane - 8/3/2017 11:51

seriously, some of you are only saying Britt isnt good enough now? He has looked like an old man since day one of the season, including when he scored his first two goals, seriously, I was like, didnt you all see the state of him? BB n Mc are both miles ahead on ability sorry, Britts gone and we are typically stuck with him for 5 years.

Crock of shit as usual.

"I was like, didn't you see the state of him"

How did you see the state of him then?

I think he is playing within himself at times but he's no old man.

His reaction for the first goal against Villa was evidence enough, should anyone need it ffs

LyttleByLyttle - 9/3/2017 07:30

I think he is playing with himself at times , fiddling his old man.

His reaction for the first goal against Villa was evidence enough, should anyone need it ffs

Sorted that one for you duck

Why do some posters always seek to vilify certain players!

Britt's goal record at Forest is fantastic, despite an injury that has ended careers - we are not playing a formation that suits him - he is not a lone striker, nor is he one to chase lost causes.

That is down to Gary Brazil NOT Britt.

Fair enough, Britt is perhaps not as fit or mobile BUT he has again proven his goal scoring ability, feeding off scraps - in what has been another car crash season!

Our Kids Dad - 9/3/2017 08:32

Why do some posters always seek to vilify certain players!

Britt's goal record at Forest is fantastic, despite an injury that has ended careers - we are not playing a formation that suits him - he is not a lone striker, nor is he one to chase lost causes.

That is down to Gary Brazil NOT Britt.

Fair enough, Britt is perhaps not as fit or mobile BUT he has again proven his goal scoring ability, feeding off scraps - in what has been another car crash season!

If we ever fix that midfield we may well see a different Britt.

Our Kids Dad - 8/3/2017 09:36

As I said at the time they needed to bring in a replacement for Lansbury, maybe the guy from Villa is that man but we haven't seen him. It's gonna be up an down till the end of the season. Win the next 2 and we'll be fine.

On last night's showing & with DoF in the stands - sign Ryan Woods, 23 year old defensive midfielder for Brentford - very tidy player and more than happy to get stuck in.

Vaughan is/was a class act, and not mobile enough to cover for Cash & Benny. They were far too quick for us - Cohen, if fit, back into CM.

Pinillos looked like he was struggling - so, Traore at LB & also, Manc at CH for Worrall.

Why would any first team player from Brentford take a step down to come and play for us?

ZedRed - 9/3/2017 11:43

Our Kids Dad - 8/3/2017 09:36

Why would any first team player from Brentford take a step down to come and play for us?

They paid a million for him - even if he wanted to come, for some mystifying reason, how much would we have to pay them for him now?