Forest linked with Frederik Rønnow worth 22.5 million | Page 3 | Vital Football

Forest linked with Frederik Rønnow worth 22.5 million

fooking ell been ignoring this a bit cos I misunderstood 22m kroner ffs. makes more sense now.

Hard one cos the kid is making progress. Smith has cost goals and saved em as well. Was disappointed to lose darlow who is now rotting- dont wanna see the same for Smith. Being ruthless for the team tho, a bit more of an experienced keeper might just tip us over the edge and give us an outside chance of the play offs this season.

:10:

Not sure I like being referred to as 'English tradition club Nottingham Forest'!

If this guy is the real deal then a top keeper can earn you 10-15 points a season on his own. 25 is the right age, he has international experience and he could, potentially, be our number 1 for ten years.

Throw in the fact that MW & FMcP haven't put a step wrong in the transfer market this summer and it's a 'yes' from me.

So what does MW say to Jordan Smith if we sign this player? The fella is only a couple of years older than smith so he can't use the experienced excuse?

I understand the need for competition don't get me wrong! But if we do sign him, I don't know how he could take over from smith immediately given some pretty great performances from our academy grad since coming through.

Thoughts?

Difficult situation tbf. Jordan Smith hasn't done much wrong has he, although we do need someone a bit more commanding when crosses come in. This news won't do his confidence much good, although he'll say the right things like how competition for places is good.

Despite this, it's a yes from me lol

Will.NFFC - 22/8/2017 14:16

So what does MW say to Jordan Smith if we sign this player? The fella is only a couple of years older than smith so he can't use the experienced excuse?

I understand the need for competition don't get me wrong! But if we do sign him, I don't know how he could take over from smith immediately given some pretty great performances from our academy grad since coming through.

Thoughts?

MW is building a squad to eventually challenge for promotion.
If MW does not feel that JS can deliver on that challenge without further development then so be it.
Perhaps they have a loan sorted for him with Henderson and Evtimov retained as back up.

Smith's still learning and doing very well as he's doing it, Id be quite happy to stick with him for this season.
If next season we're looking at possible promotion then check again.
He;s improving all the time.

'Brondby are understood to have rejected a further bid from #nffc for Frederik Ronnow this afternoon... will aim to get more info after game.''