Football’s Real Stories - The Cowleys | Vital Football

Football’s Real Stories - The Cowleys

Just a pair of moaning southern *******
And I for one wouldn't have them any other way as it winds the opposition fans right up especially when we win a game like yesterday.
So lucky to have them

Might be my imagination but Nicky seems much more animated recently, in a good way ! , urging the supporters on before and after. The twelve man must have quite a few points by now. Quite different personalities which combine really well both on and off the pitch.

Might be my imagination but Nicky seems much more animated recently, in a good way ! , urging the supporters on before and after. The twelve man must have quite a few points by now. Quite different personalities which combine really well both on and off the pitch.

That's because the new training facilities have a decent filter-coffee machine.

I think a lot of that [end of game celebrations] is to do with the fantastic support. There has been some criticism recently which resulted in appeal for unity. There is probably some relief that the call has been responded to in a positive way and relief also that, after a few sub-optimal league results, we ground out a win. Turning point?

I think a lot of that [end of game celebrations] is to do with the fantastic support. There has been some criticism recently which resulted in appeal for unity. There is probably some relief that the call has been responded to in a positive way and relief also that, after a few sub-optimal league results, we ground out a win. Turning point?

Turning point? We have lost one in the last 14 matches. If that was a bad run I think we may just be ok.

Turning point? We have lost one in the last 14 matches. If that was a bad run I think we may just be ok.

Yeh, turning point is a bit strong. However, in no particular order this is what was going though my mind when I wrote that:

Not as successful as the early part of the season.
Been working hard on processes
Important to keep pace / position in the automatics
Clean sheet
Turned the mini dip of league draws into a win
Last away game was a defeat.

Turning point? No Sense of relief that the process is back on track? Yes

the four teams around us are all on much better form [points-wise] than us. and i think they were particularly happy with the defending and the clean sheet.