Financial firepower | Vital Football

Financial firepower

Skoorb

Alert Team
Manchester City sit atop the rankings in an index of the financial strength of football clubs across the world.

The Soccerex Football Finance 100 takes into account the value of clubs' players, their fixed assets such as stadiums and training grounds, the amount of money they have in the bank as well as net debt.

Nice to know the sublime football being delivered on the pitch is supported by a solid foundation of secure financial dealings. Unlike some clubs we could name whose financial model is based upon that modern scourge.....debt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42557684

The most interesting things about this article?

Not just the fact that the rags are listed seventh in the rankings although that is amusing enough......no it I should the fact that they don’t even get mentioned in the piece PLUS the way that the BBC buried this news so far down their Football News page that I had to scroll down to the bottom to find it. :039:

The closet rags in the BBC football editorial team trying to bury more bad news? You could bet your life that had the rags topped this ranking list it would have been blazoned across the top of the page.

What I find most interesting is that Arsenal are next strongest to us yet they're struggling to keep hold of their best players.

Bluedub - 4/1/2018 07:56

What I find most interesting is that Arsenal are next strongest to us yet they're struggling to keep hold of their best players.

They are too tight to spend any money of note and now the new vogue is Manchester City, that players will choose City over Arsenal these days and whilst we have purchased players like Dickov and Quinn in the past from Arsenal, we have recently been able to buy some of their better players.

I had a look at the list and although it is a mix of playing and finance, we are still far from being the richest Club in the world albeit we are in the top 10 somewhere. In this list 4th are Guangzhou Evergrande :002: :002: :002: :002: :002: :002: :002: who the f**k are they????? and therefore dismissed it as total BS.

It is in I think it was the Mail where they are alleging Mourinho is getting told by his superiors to back off with regards to mentioning the lack of funds he receives compared to other clubs. ( read City )
Fair chance it’s :080: but is believable.
He does go on a bit too much about it and only makes an ass out of Woodward.

OziMan - 4/1/2018 09:13

It is in I think it was the Mail where they are alleging Mourinho is getting told by his superiors to back off with regards to mentioning the lack of funds he receives compared to other clubs. ( read City )
Fair chance it’s :080: but is believable.
He does go on a bit too much about it and only makes an ass out of Woodward.

They really ought to have known what they were signing up to when they picked Maureen although I prefer to think that were not ignorant but only chose to bury their concerns in the haste to make sure they matched City when Guardiola joined us.

He never ever changes his pattern and his comments were really meant as a bitch and a moan to the rag board. His sub-text is 'support me with gazillions more spending or I will walk'. How long was his contract? I would not be surprised if these complaints are his opening salvo in trying to scare them into offering him an extension, preying on their fear that he might jump ship.

Either way.....I am enjoying their discomfort immensely.

Mind the Gap :026:

Money makes the game go round.

All fans like talking about it; how much their club has, how much another club doesn't have, how much the other team cost, how little their own team cost. Money is a great leveller!

Let's spend BIG this January!