FCG Meeting With The CEO | Vital Football

FCG Meeting With The CEO

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Folks

Not a working FCG (list of issues/complaints) this is feedback to the CEO. Anyone got any points?

So far we have:

Ground Upgrades:

An often repeated question re the plans for a club museum, hotel, North Stand re-development. Are there long term plans for any of these? We realise following answers at the History & Heritage meeting there are no short term plans.
What is the long term vision for Villa Park and the infrastructure around it.

VAR:

What are the clubs thoughts on VAR and how it is working/not working? (maybe one for the meeting with the CEO in Jan)
I'd be even more grateful if the club would lobby to do away with VAR altogether as it's ruining the sport as a spectacle.

Sponsors

One other thing shirt sponsor last time out they said betting and money exchange are the quickest deals.
They said to get any other types of company they need 12months.
Be nice to get something a little more professional or established.

Gambling

For many fans, having a bet is as much a part of the match-day ritual as a pie and pint at half-time. With smartphones fans no longer need to go to the bookies anymore.

Gambling is very visible in football. This season, approx 60% of clubs in England’s top two divisions have the names of gambling companies on their shirts.
9 out of 20 Premier League clubs, and 17 of 24 in the Championship.

Latest betting odds are available for those watching on live TV on all the platforms.

There is concern that football has too much exposure to the gambling sector.

As a socially responsible club, how is Aston Villa supporting those impacted by gambling related harm, with measures aimed at helping people to take control of their gambling behaviour?

With regards to the ground and a bit of a pipe dream... Many, many fans comment on what a great ground Villa Park is. I sometimes can’t help think what might’ve been if the old Trinity Road was kept and given a careful overhaul similar to what Rangers did with their Archibald Leitch stand. I doubt it would happen anytime soon if at all but I’d love to see a brick by brick rebuild of the old stand to give us that historical, grand look again with a few modern twists.

Also with regards to the ground, safe standing. Obviously it can’t happen officially until legislation is (Ever) in place. But do the club have plans for rail seating anywhere? If comments in the other thread are to be believed and the club are receiving more complaints then surely it would make sense to make/have some plans. Even something like what Wolves did with their South Bank, accepting that fans stand and adding railings to make it safer and more comfortable for those who wish to stand.

With regards to the ground and a bit of a pipe dream... Many, many fans comment on what a great ground Villa Park is. I sometimes can’t help think what might’ve been if the old Trinity Road was kept and given a careful overhaul similar to what Rangers did with their Archibald Leitch stand. I doubt it would happen anytime soon if at all but I’d love to see a brick by brick rebuild of the old stand to give us that historical, grand look again with a few modern twists.

Also with regards to the ground, safe standing. Obviously it can’t happen officially until legislation is (Ever) in place. But do the club have plans for rail seating anywhere? If comments in the other thread are to be believed and the club are receiving more complaints then surely it would make sense to make/have some plans. Even something like what Wolves did with their South Bank, accepting that fans stand and adding railings to make it safer and more comfortable for those who wish to stand.

I thought the legislation was in place as Celtic and Shrewsbury both have safe standing .

I thought the legislation was in place as Celtic and Shrewsbury both have safe standing .

Shrewsbury are League 1, it’s only Championship and Premier League clubs that are subject to the all seater legislation, if you’re promoted from League 1 with terracing then you have 4 years to convert. Celtic are in Scotland obviously and Scotland aren’t subject to the same laws and legislation as England.

Shrewsbury are League 1, it’s only Championship and Premier League clubs that are subject to the all seater legislation, if you’re promoted from League 1 with terracing then you have 4 years to convert. Celtic are in Scotland obviously and Scotland aren’t subject to the same laws and legislation as England.

Cheers.

In view of the debate in the Sit Down - Stand up thread , are there any plans for safe standing areas ?
1_WilliamVilla.jpg

Tell him to get these c**ts to sit down.