FC Barçelona 4 - Manchester City 0 - Stats | Vital Football

FC Barçelona 4 - Manchester City 0 - Stats

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
TOTAL PASSES: Barçelona 437 v MCFC 374

Johnny On The Spot: To follow tomorrow...

Stats © 2016 Hestview Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/stats.asp?a=572765

You can call it unlucky but were we naive, It just showed the frailties of and i regret saying this, our aged full backs who were run ragged tonight, but i still maintain the scoreline flattered Barcelona

The really gut wrenching thing about this is we were every bit as good as them for the first hour and looked good for a goal or two before Bravo's brain fart, it was goodnight Irene after that.

We spurned some decent chances tonight too, we're starting to make a habit of that.

We also spurned decent positions to create chances as well.

Prime example I can think of was when the game was truly gone, but Silva was played in to the byeline, yet couldn't beat the defender (Umtiti) with his pull back.
I agree we were as good as them, but the problem for me was that we started creating and missing our chances when already one down.

My fears about Bravo making me nervous have come to fruition. What a terribly stupid thing to do.

Feeling deflated. I expect Guardiola to get a kicking in the media this morning despite the fact that his game plan pretty much worked for the first hour until Bravo got himself sent off then our composure seemed to ebb away. The usual Monday Morning Quarterback jockeys (odd concept I know) will be out with their "if only he'd played Aguero from the start" type comments and liberally sprinklling their erudite (sic) writings with the word 'crisis'.

We need to win some games and soon.

We'll beat Barca at home. Before last night I wrote off the six points but from what I saw last night I'm now confident we'll beat them.

Just skimming the papers and to be fair, most have acknowledged we went toe for toe with them for a large part of the game.

^Good to hear that they're acknowledging the truth.

Have to get my usual moan about the ref in, I wonder who told him to book Silva and that handball m, down the other end that's given no question.

Oh and one other thing, seems as we're mimicking a lot of what Barca do, why don't we mimic them when it comes to away fans? Get them away from the goal in the Etihad and put them up with the birds ffs.

Bluedub - 20/10/2016 10:40

^Good to hear that they're acknowledging the truth.

Have to get my usual moan about the ref in, I wonder who told him to book Silva and that handball m, down the other end that's given no question.

Not sure the ref got a good view? The 9th official behind the goal however...... :013:

Bluedub - 19/10/2016 22:55

But for a better set of studs we don't go one down.

Typical City rearing his ugly head again?

i do wonder about this at times. The pitch is obviously the same for both sets of players, yet our guys were going down like they'd been shot, whilst their guys stayed on their feet.

Bluedub - 20/10/2016 12:24

Oh and one other thing, seems as we're mimicking a lot of what Barca do, why don't we mimic them when it comes to away fans? Get them away from the goal in the Etihad and put them up with the birds ffs.

I have togought the same especially now that we have the South stand and the ability to stick them up higher and marginalise them. Newcastle do it. The rags do it (albeit not quite so far back). Maybe this is one of the elements under JB's thread about being "too nice"?

I thought it had more to do with GMP and the away fans access to the 3 levels of the stadium through a single spiral?