Faridge resigns. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Faridge resigns.

Barry Freeman - 4/7/2016 18:05

John_Knee - 4/7/2016 17:47
And considering the public vote "incorrectly", do you really trust the public to give advice on how to negotiate?

I think the vast majority would not want to vote for a government who would have Frapage on their negotiating team.

I would expect this concept to have a significant bearing on who the Tories elect as their next leader, as one of the candidates has suggested she would work with him.

I would be very surprised if the Tories elected that candidate as working with Fargape would make them even more toxic than they normally are. :10:

So, no, I don't expect the public to vote correctly on it. I think the Tories will remove that risk by electing May as their leader. If she then appoints Fagrape it could lead to a vote of no confidence.

Vote of no confidence from whom? And is there any difference between the Tories merely being "Toxic" and "even more toxic" in your words. Do you think people would vote for a toxic Tory party but would suddenly not if they become that tad more toxic?

And they are only toxic to people of die hard left wing philosophy. They are less so to most people which is why they got enough votes to be the majority government. If they were that toxic then we'd be lead by Ed Milliband right now with no divide from a referendum.

I just wonder if a few leading Tories will be offered the Ukip leadership? Boris or Grove perhaps .Farage is up to something that will do further damage.I can see him taking a back seat in order to try to make his party more electable.

John_Knee - 4/7/2016 19:00

Vote of no confidence from whom?

If you read what I said it is fairly obvious. I would imagine that someone voting to support May as leader would not be overly happy with her subsequently appointing Faragep, who appears to have been endorsed by one of her opponents. Don't forget Pfarage is a former Tory who has attempted to split their vote for several years. He's not exactly someone to unify a party. He can't even get unity in what is effectively his party.

And yes, I believe he would make the Tories far more toxic than they already are.

:68:

Tory voters don't necessarily see Farage as toxic as what you would. Tory voters don't see the Tory party as inherently toxic for a start. Most Tories would see Farage as an ally on the brexit side of things as he is one person who would make sure any negotiations remain focused. As long as any leader doesn't invite him to give his opinion on any more than that then I doubt there would be a deal breaking issue on supporting her (as I assume we are referring May here).