Fans Back At Carrow Road - This Is What It Was Like | Vital Football

Fans Back At Carrow Road - This Is What It Was Like

I was also at the game and agree with all of Tucksters comments.

I never arrive at the ground early and once inside the Jarrold stand was told by a very helpful steward that technology would not let us out an in again so no more beer or anything to eat so had to go from breakfast until 6.30 pm without food.
We did not know about the area outside the ground selling food and beer. Our fault.

We did meet up a midday in our usual pre match pub so had a reduced beer intake and consequently able to make more comments on the game. Sadly I was bored for 90 minutes whilst waiting for the game to commence.

Tuckster. You are being very kind about the performance.
I said at kick off lets go for it as have fans backing and must make a good start. I look at clock and we did not touch ball for first 57 seconds.

We lacked strength, pace, cohesion and in many cases effort.
Preston did not really need to do a great deal of homework. DF never changes tactics and they pressed to stop our poor passing out from the back so it was often hit long and their huge centre half missed nothing at all.
In contrast 3 or 4 passes by Preston open us up easily and in particularly on our left hand side they created several chances.

Even after Pukkis very late effort which may have hit bar or was saved by Rudd ( not watched replay ) Preston still had a couple of chances to win the game.

DF needs to get this sorted out soon as when we play a better side there will be major problems.

As for the 1000 fans, A mixture as Tuckster says and if the team had played well they may well have been louder support but we were so poor it made the supporters wanting to sing go silent in long periods.

I was different and a good experience and could be a way forward.

Being kind or trying to be positive, hoping that things will gel soon enough - I’m not sure which! :LOL:
I’m glad I went though...

Thanks for your interesting write ups DG and Tucks . I elected not to apply for tickets as the Covid nerves are still with me , and it’s now a problem getting back into the mainstream after lying low for the past 6 months . Your reports have encouraged me to go to the next available home game

They need to something about the dispersal of fans alongside the Community Stand. The choke point opposite the entrance to Allison Bank resulted in bunching up and little spacing between different groups of people. Finally the steward moved the barrier and people started to move through at a faster rate.
It will be interesting to see whether NCFC learn from this for the next game.

Thanks for your interesting write ups DG and Tucks . I elected not to apply for tickets as the Covid nerves are still with me , and it’s now a problem getting back into the mainstream after lying low for the past 6 months . Your reports have encouraged me to go to the next available home game
It was pretty well done, YB but it was only 1,000 people. If they open the four stands and then operate each in the same way as they did the South Stand then I reckon it’ll be fine.

Could someone please clarify the situation. If you are outside a pub, say for a meal and a drink am I right in thinking that you dont have to wear a mask (because you are eating and drinking) but you still have to social distance at a minimum of one metre?

Last edited:
Yes. Just a group of 6 allowed within 1 metre of each other and then the tables are set out at least 2 metres apart and the table service minimizes the interaction between groups.

Social bubble as far as I know as I have done that twice but maybe changes as of tonight.

Last edited: