FA Youth Cup. | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Youth Cup.

Ain't it sod's law. Wife and daughter are out that evening so I'm on dog sitting / walking duties. Will try and make alternative arrangements for the dog - much easier than making alternative arrangements for wife and daughter.

It's only the Yoof Cup, maybe you could take the dog?!

In all seriousness, I do understand your problem. There's a chance I might make the Luton game on Saturday but at the moment the only problem I have is that the dog will be with me. I know that if I leave her in the vehicle whist I am at the game she'll be fine but my worry is that some well-meaning do-gooder will spot the dog, start worrying about it, and possibly call out the RSPCA.

I have had it happen several times. Either she gets take to the pound (nearly a £100 to get her out) or else the RSPCA turn up. When that's happened they've looked at the dog and told me she's healthy and happy. Honestly, I know people mean well but the dog has never caused me any real problems, it has always been people!

Take the dog with you - in fact Mrs Gimmer often goes to away games with me and I usually leave her in the town centre to browse the shops whilst I watch us lose :yes:
PS it was a joke - cue a load of posts calling me sexist, a woman hater, wife beater, Brexit supporter, racist, etc.

Last edited:
It's only the Yoof Cup, maybe you could take the dog?!

In all seriousness, I do understand your problem. There's a chance I might make the Luton game on Saturday but at the moment the only problem I have is that the dog will be with me. I know that if I leave her in the vehicle whist I am at the game she'll be fine but my worry is that some well-meaning do-gooder will spot the dog, start worrying about it, and possibly call out the RSPCA.

I have had it happen several times. Either she gets take to the pound (nearly a £100 to get her out) or else the RSPCA turn up. When that's happened they've looked at the dog and told me she's healthy and happy. Honestly, I know people mean well but the dog has never caused me any real problems, it has always been people!

Surely taking the dog to watch Gills would be more of a concern to the RSPCA than leaving it in the car.

That's a whole new level of animal cruelty right there.