FA Cup Win | Vital Football

FA Cup Win

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Well that was out of the blue. A 3-1 win which I believe is our best victory of the season and by all accounts by far our best performance. Menayese was back and it just shows what a difference a reliable central defence makes to the rest of the team. I know we will face stiffer challenges than Harrogate this season and the FA Cup is of secondary importance but we are 60,000 in prize money better off and are in the hat on Monday. A great contrast to the mood last Saturday.

Plus there is a very interesting January and February coming up. If I was KC I would be expecting to get something out of all 10 games bar maybe 1.
:red:

Yep I agree but Pools being Pools are nowt if not inconsistent. Today I gather we were the best we have been for quite some time but next Saturday we could just as easily be pants and lose heavily. Wearing my optimistic hat, I am daring to hope that if we are starting to get some of our better players back from injury then just maybe a miracle could happen and we preserve our league status.

Plus there is a very interesting January and February coming up. If I was KC I would be expecting to get something out of all 10 games bar maybe 1.

Obviously here I was referring to December and January! with the last of the 10 being Doncaster in February, this Saturday.

On reflection we’ve got something out of four of them, beating Rochdale twice, an in turmoil Crawley and drawing with Harrogate at ours, doubt we’ll get any change from Doncaster.
We’re gonna be very very lucky to get out of this but every day seems to get darker.

Obviously here I was referring to December and January! with the last of the 10 being Doncaster in February, this Saturday.

On reflection we’ve got something out of four of them, beating Rochdale twice, an in turmoil Crawley and drawing with Harrogate at ours, doubt we’ll get any change from Doncaster.
We’re gonna be very very lucky to get out of this but every day seems to get darker.
It is always darkest before the dawn!
However, I think that Dawn in our case will consist of the realisation of playing in the NL next season.

I am trying to think of a rational reason why you are wrong and I cant think of one.
Looking forward to the delights of Bromley, maybe Ebbsfleet if they get promoted back to the NL, Boreham Wood. Dagenham and Redbridge. So exciting. Brightens my day.

Having come to the last of the ten games previously mentioned, it’s worth reflecting on how those around us faired in their last ten outings.

Starting at the bottom and working up:
Rochdale didn’t do too well picking up a total of 5pts, winning 1, drawing 2 & losing 7.

Gillingham, a resurgent gills side picked up 11pts, winning 3, drawing 2 & losing 5. The inform side of the bottom 6, unbeaten in 4 & beating sides around them with regularity.

Pools, picked up a total of 13pts, winning 4, drawing 1, losing the other 5.

Crawley, similar to gills won 3, drew 2 and lost 5 picking up 11pts.

Harrogate, faired the best out of the bottom 6, winning 4, drawing 2 & losing 4 picking up the most points 14.

Newport picked up the same amount of points as pools, 13, winning less games but drawing more.

We can all draw our own conclusions however current form suggests Gills are putting together a push which will see them finish outside the bottom 2.
Harrogate are carrying that little bit of luck that might see them survive, until it runs out, if it runs out, and becomes our saving grace.
Newport are drawing more games than they win, could be another saving grace, as long as we pick up the wins when they draw.
Crawley are fumbling around but still able to pull the odd rabbit out of the hat, beating Salford very recently, so it’s anybody’s guess who will be joining Rochdale jumping up and down on the league 2 trap door.
It’s all to play for.

The Sutton game is crucial. In many ways every game is crucial considering Pools predicament but this game is extra important given the need to build up momentum and to show these new crop of players are capable of doing enough to keep us in the league.

Another of those crucial games tonight and the sending off changed the whole complexion of the game, tactics, substitutions and even influencing the outcome.
There’s still hope these players can pull off the great escape, however
Gills are confident now and could well kick on. The difference in our transfer window and theirs is 2 of their January signings scored tonight to allow them to leapfrog us and Crawley.
Harrogate still carrying that bit of luck, were if it wasn’t for bad luck we wouldn’t have any luck.
The ’shortlist’ of those in danger is getting shorter.

Considering all the games in hand those around us have, I am struggling to find anything to be optimistic about.