FA Cup Replays | Page 6 | Vital Football

FA Cup Replays

Has the football world rolled over or are the protests continuing?

Is anyone planning to dig up the Wembley pitch befoe the cup final? Whatever happened to FarmerImp?

.....its worse than making matters worse.
The game is at the MCG Melbourne, Australia!!
If you were optimistic you’d say it’s about spreading the joy of the ‘global game’. If you were a cynic you’d say it’s about money again, because they can get up to 100,000 in there and a lot of ex-pats go, as well as the Aussies who are denied top class ‘soccer’ both by geography and having to make do with the A League, which is probably about equivalent to somewhere between NL and L1 for some of the better players. It. An be good at times but is quite frustrating to watch most of the time.

If you were optimistic you’d say it’s about spreading the joy of the ‘global game’. If you were a cynic you’d say it’s about money again, because they can get up to 100,000 in there and a lot of ex-pats go, as well as the Aussies who are denied top class ‘soccer’ both by geography and having to make do with the A League, which is probably about equivalent to somewhere between NL and L1 for some of the better players. It. An be good at times but is quite frustrating to watch most of the time.

If your flying halfway round the world three days after playing your last league game after a long season and with managers who complain about how much football they have to play anyway I'm firmly in the cynic camp Perth.

Still, should be a good experience for the U-21 teams playing in front of 100,000 in the MCG and the clubs pocketing a shed load of money for turning up and having a nice little jolly up in Dubai on the way home.

I've played in those games in Aus. The touring teams, and in particular the players, in the main would rather be sitting on beach in Aus than running round the MCG in a meaningless game having just completed a 40 odd game season.

Don’t know about Newcastle but I think I read Spurs have only played 41 games this season in total !