F:"K Me this is boring | Page 2 | Vital Football

F:"K Me this is boring

I’m not rewriting history at all.
Many teams have tried to buy their way out League 1 and failed. Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday spent years trying and failing. We bought our way out within one season.
It’s the managers responsibility to work within the budget presented to him. Brannigan is at fault, not Richardson. Unless of course you actually think Leam was the one to discuss salary with these guys.

Read my post WN2, I don't in any way blame Richardson but It is the reason that we are in the precarious position financially that we are today.

Read my post WN2, I don't in any way blame Richardson but It is the reason that we are in the precarious position financially that we are toda
Your post suggests that winning the league isn’t success for the manager. Yes the overspending (twice) has caused the issues we are in today but we could have overspent and still not been promoted.
I’m not trying to rewrite history, my point wasn’t about if wilfully overspending was a goof idea or not. Maloney would do exactly the same as Richardson if Danson phoned him tomorrow and said that he’s had a change or heart and now wants to bankroll a promotion push.

Your post suggests that winning the league isn’t success for the manager. Yes the overspending (twice) has caused the issues we are in today but we could have overspent and still not been promoted.
I’m not trying to rewrite history, my point wasn’t about if wilfully overspending was a goof idea or not. Maloney would do exactly the same as Richardson if Danson phoned him tomorrow and said that he’s had a change or heart and now wants to bankroll a promotion push.

Sorry WN2 but my post is saying nothing of the sort.

In my first sentence I absolve LR from any blame it may be that I misinterpreted your post but I certainly lay no blame at the feet of Leam. The blame lies squarely at the feet of those that handed out the contracts.

Sorry WN2 but my post is saying nothing of the sort.

In my first sentence I absolve LR from any blame it may be that I misinterpreted your post but I certainly lay no blame at the feet of Leam. The blame lies squarely at the feet of those that handed out the contracts.
Sorry then!!
And of course I agree with you that the old owners screwed us up right royally. We ended up in the Championship with an inferior squad and players not being paid and then a manager appointed who was incompetent at best. It’s amazing we got the points we did.
As it is, I hope Sean turns this around in the summer, gets some players in who he wants and builds on this youthful core to the team. Oh, and they start to entertain.
I also hope Leam does well at Rotherham as that will be a really hard gig next season. They’ve had such a bad season that shifting that hangover will be a massive achievement.

In all the years I've watched Latics I've never known a season where we have operated without a midfield or forward line in the true sense of the word.
Our strength has been our defence but our midfield must be the weakest I've ever known and dont even get me started with the strikers

Leam Richardson kept us in League 1 with a far inferior squad and built a team in weeks to win the league, something other teams take years to do!
Rotherham would be crazy to sack Richardson and pay us compensation for Maloney. If Rotherham have an intention of bouncing back, they already have a manager with a better CV.
Have to disagree here! Yes he did keep us in League 1, but the following season he got us promotion by spending big on players capable of getting out of the league. However, we found out one year later that they weren't good enough for the Championship and they were on contracts that cost us even more. So we ended up in the place we did, where Maloney has had to work with nothing like what Richardson did! Don't get me wrong, Leam did a great job - but he was working under totally different circumstances. You cannot compare what Maloney has done this year - with youth team players and seniors he couldn't get rid of, to what Richardson did when he had money to throw at players that could get us out of League 1!

I didnt say Championship job. Perhaps Northampton, Blackpool or even Rotherham now that Liam has been found out to be shite.

However, there is always another way if you collectively feel that a better standard of player and football is required - pay the increase in your ST. I note that Peterborough are asking £479 for a side view for next season at Early Bird prices, whereas East and West Stand were £349 this season at the DW. If you are all collectively prepared to pay £479 for next season, then I'm sure a better quality player and style of football will naturally follow once debts are cleared.

Over to you...

Those clubs you name are NOT higher in the pyramid!

How are your own fans finding their current teams brand of football?

Form of the last 10 games puts you 1pt above Leam 'shyte' Richardsons team who operate on much smaller revenues!!

Glass houses and all that.....

Have to disagree here! Yes he did keep us in League 1, but the following season he got us promotion by spending big on players capable of getting out of the league. However, we found out one year later that they weren't good enough for the Championship and they were on contracts that cost us even more. So we ended up in the place we did, where Maloney has had to work with nothing like what Richardson did! Don't get me wrong, Leam did a great job - but he was working under totally different circumstances. You cannot compare what Maloney has done this year - with youth team players and seniors he couldn't get rid of, to what Richardson did when he had money to throw at players that could get us out of League 1!
Well seeing as people believe staying up this season as being successful, the argument needs to be what was the better achievement, staying up with -8 and this squad or staying up whilst in administration and without the same academy graduates.
Of course the contracts were ridiculous, especially the promotion increases but Richardson wouldn’t have agreed these. His role would have been to highlight players, it was Branagan’s job to go back to Richardson and say that personal terms couldn’t be agreed. There will have been players we missed out on as well. Once promoted, what needed to happen was 4-5 players coming into the squad to improve us and make us competitive for the Championship but as it was, the contracts were a noose around our neck and the bankrolling was pulled.
With regards achievement, I believe Richardson keeping us up with the squad he had is a better achievement than the promotion and this season.

With regards achievement, I believe Richardson keeping us up with the squad he had is a better achievement than the promotion and this season.
Agreed ... but it's apples, oranges and fluffy dice ... the 3 aren't really comparable ... neither to each other and certainly not as a group.

Agreed ... but it's apples, oranges and fluffy dice ... the 3 aren't really comparable ... neither to each other and certainly not as a group.
Agreed. I think the point I’m trying to make and will probably stop making now is that Rotherham probably wouldn’t want to pay to replace Richardson with Maloney. Nor would we the other way! So we are all good.

Remind me where Wigan finished in Richardsons first season in L1 - where he had no money for transfers and had a squad of cast-offs and unwanted players. That is broadly comparable to what SM has done this season.
Nah mate, it's not. It's really not ... and I'm one who's saying I'm happy with what Maloney's done.

Richardson kept us up with almost literally nothing.

Remind me where Wigan finished in Richardsons first season in L1 - where he had no money for transfers and had a squad of cast-offs and unwanted players. That is broadly comparable to what SM has done this season.
Is it bollocks. Maloney has ripped the DNA out of our club. Fingers crossed he takes a move to the SOL.