Exciting Times | Vital Football

Exciting Times

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Really looking forward to the next few weeks with us as a FL club. Interesting to find out which players will be released and who can be persuade to stay. Sterry and Rhys Oates are key players for us so hopefully they will stay now we are a FL club(love saying it). Will Salford let us have Armstrong, and if so how much and can we afford it? We have too many wingers at the club so I anticipate one or two of them to be going and Bloomfield probs surplus to requirements. Crawford not played much either. Looking forward to the fixtures coming out on Thursday as well. As I say, exciting times.

Exciting times indeed, though the management team and players aren't going to be getting much of a break, preseason will be starting before they've recovered from yesterday's heroics!

Fully expect to see several players leaving the club in the coming days - Bloomfield, Ofuso, Crawford to name but a few - and that doesn't take account of loan players returning to their parent clubs. My concern is that we are well behind other clubs in League 2 in recruiting for next season and I hope that DC already has a list of possible signings suitable for the FL campaign.

Yes, your list seems right. The winger McDonald has barely kicked a ball for us all season but I am wondering if he has a two year deal so we are lumbered. Also how much longer will Luke Williams have? Even when fit and on the pitch he hardly set the pulse racing. I notice Stockport have not released Richie Bennett. Maybe I like him more than DC but if we want him, I guess it will be a loan deal. We definitely need a goalie who can command the penalty area that particular shortcoming almost cost us dear yesterday. I mean, some refs may have disallowed the first goal but the second seemed a perfectly good goal scored when our keeper didn't get the ball in the middle of all the bodies. We were very lucky that ref was in charge. Anyway, we got through so it only matters in as much as it makes it obvious what our defensive problem was.

Last edited:
Not only do we get the League 2 fixtures on Thursday, but also the first round draws for the Carabao and Papa John's cups.
Proper football is back.

It is indeed. Only hope the players have enough down time to come back for the new season refreshed and ready for battle.