Evans tactics and signings | Vital Football

Evans tactics and signings

Brexiteer

Vital Squad Member
You would normally expect a manager to know his playing style and tactics and sign players accordingly.
Evans seems to have done a supermarket sweep and signed players for the sake of it but doesn't play them because ..........?
We know that the team lacks pace, creativity and goals apparently so does he according to tonight's Radio Kent interview but what is he doing about it.
Before we hear bottom 4 playing budget; has he used that budget wisely? It doesn't look like it.
We are lightweight up front but he didn't sign anybody just for that sake of it but he's done just that with some of his other signings.
Mandron, Pringle, Hodson don't get a look in why? Perhaps Garmston should get a recall?

His average journeymen signings , who now he appears not to rate, or to most don't look up to Lge 1 level

Hodson (now 3rd choice), Cisse (still here?), Marshall, Mandron (but should play him as the only central striker we have) Pringle, O'Keefe (how does he stay in the side) , even Lee

Inexperienced Loanees:

Jones - looks promising as a centre back bur being played out of position, and is drifting, while he must see mistake-ridden Ogilvie still in the side

O'Connor - looks weak; cant see his time here doing him any good

Njoli - must be confused; one week in and SE says he's great, then next week dropped, and now mostly an occasional sub; thrown under the bus with the missed penalties; must long to get back to a supportive environment at Bournemouth

that leaves Jukubiak - looks good but cant find a consistent role

only clear good signing - Bonham, who only a slight downgrade from Holy

Bonham - good
Jones - good, but loanee
O’Connor - unexpectedly doing a job, but loanee
Ogilvie - good
Hodgson - should be good, can barely get into a League 1 side
O’Keeffe - I’d still say good so far
Cisse - flop of all flops
Pringle - is he gonna be a fans’ demand for games without playing much?
Marshall - poo so far
Lee - good so far
N’Djoli, Jakubiak - good wide strikers on their day. Are they what we need though?

Fuck anyone else (Willock!)

Bonham - good
Jones - good, but loanee
Ogilvie - good
Marshall - poo so far
Lee - good so far
N’Djoli, Jakubiak - good wide strikers on their day. Are they what we need though?

Hodson is more than good enough to get in this side.

Ha ha another post supporting Hodson? How strange. Sorry mate, Hodson really ain't that great.

Hodson would have been a better choice going forward second half yesterday than Tucker (not a natural wing back) or Marshall (Raynor screaming at him to stay wide and he kept drifting in) I'd give Hodson a go next Saturday if Fuller isn't fit, he deserves a chance and it's not because he's my nephew.

It’s all becoming clear now - everyone of us posters are parents of the players if you dare mention you like someone - Gills vital will have you down the social paying parental credits ?

I’m with Bromley though - Hodson isn’t that great neither going forward or defending
Agree there based on his first few appearances, but I’d like to think a spell on the bench would rejuvenate him like with RCC and O’Keeffe.

Steve Lovell must be thinking what has this guy that I haven't ?
4 home defeats already, fans leaving early.
Fortress Priestfield is more of a sand castle.
I thought Evan's would be good for us, I'm now beginning to have real doubts.
He doesn't know his best team and I'm sure his continual chopping and changing is undermining confidence.

We look for players on a free and pay them peanuts, hardly the way to attract the top talent.

Steve Lovell must be thinking what has this guy that I haven't ?
4 home defeats already, fans leaving early.
Fortress Priestfield is more of a sand castle.
I thought Evan's would be good for us, I'm now beginning to have real doubts.
He doesn't know his best team and I'm sure his continual chopping and changing is undermining confidence.

Lovell asked for £500k to replace Holy and £500k to replace Eaves. Scally replied it would be the same budget as last season, but he wanted to challenge for promotion.
This was around the time Lovell finally walked the day before our last home game of the season.

Lovell asked for £500k to replace Holy and £500k to replace Eaves. Scally replied it would be the same budget as last season, but he wanted to challenge for promotion.
This was around the time Lovell finally walked the day before our last home game of the season.

Maybe more to with PS already having decided to appoint SE.

I honestly haven’t seen enough of Hodson to write him off, he hasn’t looked as bad to me as some on here suggest and if he is nursing an injury that could be why. From what I’ve seen of both Hodson and Marshall id say the later is far worse and I’d be putting Hodson on before even considering Marshall. The game this weekend presents an opportunity to mix things up I’d like to see Hodson at right back, and move Jones in at the back, playing lee in the middle. Couldn’t do much worse the trying Ehmer upfront if Mandron isn’t going to get a game as desperate as that sounds.:unsure:

Bonham - good
Jones - good, but loanee
Ogilvie - good
Marshall - poo so far
Lee - good so far

Bonham is a decent keeper at this level.

O'Keefe has started to prove himself- like his energy and commitment.

Lee seems like he's happy with the ball at his feet and isn't scared to try something. IMO he needs to start every game as I can't see who else will create the 10 chances our strikers need to tuck one away.