Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread | Page 23 | Vital Football

Erik Lamela - Former Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Languid....I like it. But no....Jose and the meds team know there is an issue. Would Berbatov be described as languid ?

I'm not sure what the right word is but to me it's like someone that seems to get pissed first and then stays at that level of pissedness for a long time without getting any worse. They then carry you home !!!

I'm not sure what the right word is but to me it's like someone that seems to get pissed first and then stays at that level of pissedness for a long time without getting any worse. They then carry you home !!!

When it comes to describing Waddle, languid isn't the word. Pissed is. For most of the time he was playing he was another who was fueled by alcohol!

It was Ndombeles birthday that day against Norwich. Maybe he plays 90 minutes once a year. Seriously though, he rated a 5 in that game although he was awarded a 10 by a rose tinter. We scraped a 2 all draw with a pen from Kane 7 minutes from time and Eriksen scored .
Yes, I gave him a 10 because that's how I saw it. That doesn't make me rose tinted just because you disagree and gave him a 5. I could just as easily argue you weren't observant enough to see what he did on the day.

Leave the silly name calling out of it.

Yes, I gave him a 10 because that's how I saw it. That doesn't make me rose tinted just because you disagree and gave him a 5. I could just as easily argue you weren't observant enough to see what he did on the day.

Newspaper ratings of Ndombele for that game were 4, 7, 6,6 and 6. So 5 journos also disagreed with your rating, not just me. You cant really argue I wasnt observant enough based on these 5 reports either. Me thinks I have touched a nerve and you have taken it badly without any humour.

As I said; a player Jose rates highly, but I think much of it is based on compassion rather than an assessment of his base skills and contribution.

I feel for the man; he's giving his all and that does deserve a better outcome for him than he's getting and if ever want to know why his body is the mess; he was playing top-class football at 17 and it utterly fucked his body; River Plate knew it when they sold him to Roma and that's why they sold him.

The medics and consultants all know and have shown him, his advisors and us why his body is in the state it is. Again and again, it's been proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, rush a kid into the top-level game before his body has fully matured and you'll condemn him to a career of soft tissue injuries.

All those demanding the use of Parrott to step in and led the line, please take note.

Jose Mourinho explains what Erik Lamela did during the winter break to step up his fitness
The winger has endured a tough time through injury over the past few years

By
Alasdair GoldTottenham Hotspur correspondent
Rob GuestStaff writer
  • 14:28, 21 FEB 2020
  • Updated15:03, 21 FEB 2020

Mourinho is extremely fond of the 27-year-old and he has revealed that Lamela, who has once again trained away from his teammates to protect him for the Chelsea game, actually stayed in the capital during the recent winter break to step up his fitness.

"Not training with the squad, just being protected to be in conditions to give us some time in the next match," the boss told football.london at his press conference.

"A player I like very, very much, I've always liked, but a difficult season for him, lots of injuries and problems.

"An incredible spirit to recover, incredible spirit to work and didn't even go home to Argentina in the days off that we gave to the boys. Stayed here working hard, trying to give us what he gave in last game, after no training, no conditions.

"Tomorrow will be the same, he'll be here to help."

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/erik-lamela-jose-mourinho-spurs-17791108

It was Ndombeles birthday that day against Norwich. Maybe he plays 90 minutes once a year. Seriously though, he rated a 5 in that game although he was awarded a 10 by a rose tinter. We scraped a 2 all draw with a pen from Kane 7 minutes from time and Eriksen scored .

Newspaper ratings of Ndombele for that game were 4, 7, 6,6 and 6. So 5 journos also disagreed with your rating, not just me. You cant really argue I wasnt observant enough based on these 5 reports either. Me thinks I have touched a nerve and you have taken it badly without any humour.
If you want to take that approach cast your mind back to the Son sending off against Everton. After the red card was overturned only you and David Icke still thought it was a red card offence. It didn't persuade you to change your view though, did it?

But look, apologies if you intended humour. I didn't see it in your post. The term 'rose tinted' suggests taking an over-optmistic view to reality. But there is no reality when commenting on football matches as it's a purely subjective experience. Each to their own - thankfully, or forums would be very dull.

If Jose had to deal with this sick note for nearly 8 years like we have he would be sick of the sight him.

I don't care how hard he tries to come back after all his injuries.

He is paid millions a year to do it. Not a bad trade off.

If Jose had to deal with this sick note for nearly 8 years like we have he would be sick of the sight him.

I don't care how hard he tries to come back after all his injuries.

He is paid millions a year to do it. Not a bad trade off.

To Lamela's credit, he knows he's only got 20-30 mins in him and he runs around like a maniac and it has had a positive effect in the last two games, so all credit to him.

I'm not understanding Lamela's physiology nowadays. I thought he had the hip operations to fix some of the inherent issues. In fact I recall people saying he was running more smoothly and it was implied that we could see the best of him.

What's happening though is he seems as fragile now as before all of that medical treatment. There's also a 2 year pattern that after pre-season he starts quite strong and then ends up with muscular strains.

Would anybody be surprised to see him have his recent couple of energetic cameos and then reappear on the injury list for a couple of weeks. I feel for the guy.

I'm not understanding Lamela's physiology nowadays. I thought he had the hip operations to fix some of the inherent issues. In fact I recall people saying he was running more smoothly and it was implied that we could see the best of him.

What's happening though is he seems as fragile now as before all of that medical treatment. There's also a 2 year pattern that after pre-season he starts quite strong and then ends up with muscular strains.

Would anybody be surprised to see him have his recent couple of energetic cameos and then reappear on the injury list for a couple of weeks. I feel for the guy.

To be fair, I suspect he doesn't understand it all either. Major issues fixed, big huge effort to get fully match fit, and then the soft tissue injuries kick in one after another - like you, I was shocked to hear that Jose didn't think he could play 90 mins again, I knew he couldn't play two games in a row, but to see /hear that he can't do more than 20-30 mins is even worse than I was told his condition was.

As you say, given his pattern nothing about his status would surprise me now.

Jose said Lamela was not sure he could play. His most recent injury was in his thigh I think. There didn't seem to be any inhibitions in his 30 mins on the pitch. It must be a muscular endurance issue. Something pretty marginal that hopefully will improve with training. Jose did say he hasn't been able to train.

Whilst I would sell Lamela if a decent offer came in, this is purely because of his fragility with regard to injuries. But while we have him I love the way he gives everything, he galvanises others to up the tempo and closing down...the goal he was involved in v Chelsea happened because he attacked them AND then looked to pass to Dele for a tap in. That resulted in the og. Son or Moura wouldn't have tried to pass, ultimately Lamela is a team player....albeit not good enough for a top 4 team.

We all know staying healthy is his major drawback...but one thing is for sure...when that dude hits the pitch it is all effort. You can tell he GIVES A SHIT...and what pisses me off is I cannot say the same for most of other guys on the pitch save a very few.

20 mins cameo last game, 5 mins before the start of Wolves he declares himself unfit.

In my eyes it just goes to show how much influence Poch had over major decisions; medics advise and brief against him, and Poch forces through a new deal.

I never thought anyone could do this to Levy.

Utter madness.

So 1 more year of Wanyama and 2 more years of Lamela. Who's up next for the perennial sick-note challenge? My shortlist would be Kane, Winks and Davies.

So 1 more year of Wanyama and 2 more years of Lamela. Who's up next for the perennial sick-note challenge? My shortlist would be Kane, Winks and Davies.

In fairness; Wanyama has just dug his heels in as he is contractually entitled to do and from what I hear unless he gets full compensation (unusual in these situations, he's not going anywhere). As for Lamela it doesn't help when Jose keeps giving so many 'big ups'.

20 mins cameo last game, 5 mins before the start of Wolves he declares himself unfit.

In my eyes it just goes to show how much influence Poch had over major decisions; medics advise and brief against him, and Poch forces through a new deal.

I never thought anyone could do this to Levy.

Utter madness.

Without fail every spurs fan was like wtf

I’m no levy fan, but the shite he’s getting at the moment over Mopos squad building is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.