England v New Zealand | Vital Football

England v New Zealand

Yesterday was a real roller coaster. At 30-4 I had almost given up. Then Stokes and Root play fantastic. With 389 all out today we reached the highest score in a test for a team who were 30-4 so quite a fight back. I'm a big Broad fan but really he should be batting at 11 as I've more faith in Anderson with the bat. Going to really enjoy my cricket this summer. Channel 5 high lights are good and free.

I think the New Zealanders have highlighted how weak our bowling attack is, we desperately need a decent spinner, I can see them scoring 500+ and then we will have to bat to save the game.

I fear the worst against the Aussies later this summer!!

Yes Warrington I agree. I think we are seeing the beginning of the end for Broad and Jimmy. It looked like that during the World Cup. It's hard to believe but they've had a decade at first class level and we play much more cricket than say the 1970/80s. Back then 4-5 test matches a year, now 10+. As for a spinner I totally agree. Since Swanny retired we don't have a genuine finger spin bowler and it shows. The Kiwis are a good side. Unfortunately the Aussies are better.

One of the best test matches I've watched in a while. Ben Stokes has arrived. Thought the team showed character. Fighting back from 30-4 and then again when NZ scored over 500. Let's hope Bayliss can keep the momentum going from here.

I think our middle order failed us in the first innings. Luckily our tail wagged and it was good to see Broads confidence with the bat return. That got us level at 350. However NZ are doing very well in their second innings and if the weather holds look set for a big score. We may end up batting to make the draw.