EFL statement: AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons | Vital Football

EFL statement: AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons

Quite.

Shall we mediate between AFC Wimbledon and the MK Dons or address that piddling issue of Bolton not fulfilling a fixture?
I know Bolton were deducted points for going into administration but were they ever punished for not playing the final game against Brentford?

I know Bolton were deducted points for going into administration but were they ever punished for not playing the final game against Brentford?

Not as yet. There was some speculation a while back that a further 9 point penalty would be levied against them. But as Manfred Mann opined, its been a roaring silence since.

One can't blame the EFL when mediation between MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon is their highest priority. Meanwhile back at the ranch, both Notts and Bury can be found under the same carpet at EFL Towers.

Last edited:
What is important here is that Wimbledon publicly accept the EFL's decision that another club could steal its nickname and place in the league.

All other matters are inconsequential.

So if any club calls us just "Lincoln", we can initiate a full scale enquiry at the EFL?

Since when does every club have to always use the full name of every other club?

Fair enough if you just said "Bristol" or "Sheffield" as there are two possibilities.
But Milton Keynes should be perfectly sufficient.
Did MK call them just "Wimbledon" or the full name (which their disgraceful takeover caused) "AFC Wimbledon"?

EFL are seriously pathetic.

I can think of 100 more "inappropriate" (but equally valid) ways AFC Wimbledon could have described Milton Keynes. Not referring to them at all was an act of great restraint, if anything.