dorrans | Page 2 | Vital Football

dorrans

Regardless of all the worthy opinions on here I think we all know the back 4 that An will pick, he thinks it picks itself and whilst I agree that Martin made a basic mistake with his weak header he is a decent player lacking the level of pace required to play at the top level. Whittaker gets lots of undeserved criticism, he had an excellent game at Portman Road despite lacking pace. Bamford exposed this when he exploited the gap and lack of pace on the right of our defence. Ipswich seemed to worry more about putting Sears on the right to nullify Ollson's attacking than getting him in between and behind Martin and Whittaker.

agreed. the back 4 will be whittaker bassong martin olson
of that there is no doubt.
whittaker did have a good game going forward at binnerland.

AN will also automatically select johno, howson and tettey

that leaves 2 players to select from dorrans, wes, redmond, hooper and Jerome.

Has to be Wes that takes one of those places DG.

I like R.Martin as a bloke he comes a cross as very nice, but I just don't think he is a good defender especially in the center. I think we will see Ipswich being more direct on saturday like we tried to be at their place. I expect long balls and trying to get Sears/McGoldrick inbehind R.Martin/Bassong.

If we do go up (and even if we don't) the defence will need to be sorted out in all areas we can't go with Whittaker - R.Martin - Bassong again.

The game will be won or lost at 11.15 when we hear the team news.
Dorrans in and wes out and we will not give ourselves the chance
of dominating on the ground.