DONNY vs Pompey | Vital Football

DONNY vs Pompey

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
So, the revival came a bit off the rails midweek, despite playing really well.

Who thinks we're going to get something against high flying Doncaster?

Games are coming thick & fast. Do we think that our squad can stand up to it?

I'm not betting on Pompey tomorrow. My hunch came good against Bury last Saturday but I don't expect Pompey to get a win tomorrow. In addition there are tough games up ahead in which I don't foresee many more wins if I'm honest. I'm trying to remain optimistic but Donny, Coventry, Preston, Tranmere, Stevenage doesn't sound like 18 points.

Perhaps a starting POINT against Donny would be something to build on and further strengthen the resolve for the home games.

a point wouldnt be a bad result, altho lets face it its not much different to a defeat really so hopefully we go all out for that win...

donny have slipped up at times so i wouldnt totally rule it out but a better man would bet on a home win!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16495" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Doncaster v Pompey</b></a>.

4 weeks ago I would've given this up as a hammering but we have a chance. If the strikers click and Jed comes good we can get two or three in a game, but Donny are top and have some very good players at this level and we have ridden our luck a bit at the back. A testament of the good work Guy and Awfs have done in impossible circumstances that we go with a bit of optimism but 2-1 Donny is my head pick but 2-1 Pompey is with the heart.

Well... anything can happen in a game of football, and probably will.

Barring any silly mistakes by our defence, I think Donny (should) know they've been in a game when this one's finished. Let's hope that little man Connolly and our very own BIG man Agyemang can pull off a bit of magic this afternoon.

I'm going with 2-1 Pompey... heart and enormous great..... head > :35:

Bring it on Donny... your promotion hopes are about to be dented... :5:

Heh... not a bad show eh! Well done you Blues and the 500 + Pompey fans who travelled to Donny.

Ok, not a 2-1 win, but who cares, it wasn't a loss to the promotion hopefuls on their turf.

Jeez... if only we'd been this tough to beat just a few matches earlier. Still, no point looking backward... PUP :1: :35:

Brilliant point, especially as we now have the cheapest group of players we have had for a very long time, looking forward to a win next Sat. :1:

A point away from home at the team at the top of the table is bloody good. We should be very pleased with this. Like Lorna says, this is the least "high profile" team we've had. Very few of these so-called stars that will "tear League 1 apart", but it's the toughest we've been all season.

Unfortunately for us a point is not much good. But that's because the damage was done earlier in the season.

We won't win every game. Nobody does.

We may not get to the mark where the deduction is imposed this season, but we can only do our best.

Well done Pompey - another good show! (although the first half wasn't so tip top!)

A good point and a confidence booster for the next game at home. Good outing for Jed and his goal will help him improve and cement his position for the run-in. Guy seems to be getting it right at last. I'm looking forward to the remaining games to see if he can improve even further and hopefully cement his position for the new season. Big cheer from me. PUP