Doncaster Rovers (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI? | Vital Football

Doncaster Rovers (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI?

I have full confidence that whichever MA picks will be the right one, but for me I might be tempted by one change from tonight (providing everyone is fit of course)..........Jones has played really well since he joined but seemed to run out of a little steam tonight and might be due a rest......Saturday might be the time to see what Gotts can offer in his place.

If Bridcutt is fit for it he comes in and Grant goes left wing, and then if everyone's fit further to that you don't really change it? Harry A arguably playing too well to be rotated with Scully as you might have done earlier in the season.

MA will have a fair idea about Doncaster though I'm sure, and it might be we get a curveball (like Ipswich) based on how they set up?

If Bridcutt is fit for it he comes in and Grant goes left wing, and then if everyone's fit further to that you don't really change it? Harry A arguably playing too well to be rotated with Scully as you might have done earlier in the season.

MA will have a fair idea about Doncaster though I'm sure, and it might be we get a curveball (like Ipswich) based on how they set up?
But do you drop Harry if Bridcutt is fit? Real tough selection when everyone is fit (hypothetically)

I have full confidence that whichever MA picks will be the right one, but for me I might be tempted by one change from tonight (providing everyone is fit of course)..........Jones has played really well since he joined but seemed to run out of a little steam tonight and might be due a rest......Saturday might be the time to see what Gotts can offer in his place.

Seems unlikely to me that Gotts gets thrown in at this stage for a start in a very difficult game, especially if he isn't getting trusted to play 20 minutes or whatever when we've got a knackered midfield hanging on? That's two games of heavy pressing for Jones and McGrandles without any respite.

Still not entirely sure where he fits in. My best guess is that he's going to be a bit more of an 'unlocker' as a midfielder and we would have seen him if he'd signed before the Bristol R game as a player to play a killer pass against a team parking the bus? And we will for the cups etc against teams who will have less of the ball than our recent opponents. Total guess though really.

But do you drop Harry if Bridcutt is fit? Real tough selection when everyone is fit (hypothetically)

Yeah it is tough. Potentially Hopper again if they've not got a lot of pace at the back? I don't see Grant playing the 8 role even though he's putting a lot more running in!

MA said on the radio that Bridcutt is out for up to three weeks! But, as with his last injury he could be back earlier as he heals quickly.

Although MA has alluded to the strength and versatility of the squad and the need to use it to the full to get through an intense batch of matches such as now, his changes haven't been that extensive and largely to cover injury.

He even kept the same eleven on the pitch throughout tonight.

So it feels like he's going to push through the next two league games with broadly this team, which will be tough. They still use the GPS data the Cowleys introduced? That and other testing will be giving the management team the data they need to ensure players aren't falling off in performance and stamina.

Just hope it doesn't bite them later in the season, I'm old enough to remember how the last Imps side to top the Div 3/L1 table in October ultimately ran out of steam and the acrimony surrounding it, but there are options this time round. The likes of Gotts may simply be getting fully on-method in training while Jones, McGrandles and Eyoma continue to do so well.

Agree Jones faded after a terrific first half, and the Edun/Roughan LB debate will be ongoing but Tayo had an excellent second half tonight after a few iffy moments in the first.

Same IX to start on Saturday, and Tuesday if available. Some changes for the FA Cup game, then a whole week off.

MA said on the radio that Bridcutt is out for up to three weeks! But, as with his last injury he could be back earlier as he heals quickly.
The LincsLive Echo site headlined 'Bridcutt out for weeks' then the article said 'up to 2 weeks'. Lets believe MA.