Do you have faith in Nuno? | Page 15 | Vital Football

Do you have faith in Nuno?

Do you have faith in NES?

• NuYes

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • NuNo

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters
I'd stick with Nuno for at least ten games next season.

But if EM isn't happy, he needs to change managers as soon as this season ends.

I disagree with a lot of that

Elanga is a fantastic player who has been a shadow of himself since Nuno came in. No idea why but his numbers in the first half of the season tell the story. He is a great player that a manager needs to get the best out of.
but somehow he has managed to get the best out of CHO? well sack him anyway, he isn’t owd cooper is he?

but somehow he has managed to get the best out of CHO? well sack him anyway, he isn’t owd cooper is he?
Has Nuno got the best out of him, or has time done that?

This is nothing to do with Cooper.

There are a lot of other people who are vocally unconvinced about Nuno at the moment. Will you be critically replying to all of them, or am I "special"?

I would be inclined to stick with Nuno.

He has had a baptism of fire since joining the club:

A disastrous AFCON, losing the largest contingent of players in the league, some of whom came back injured.

The farce with PSR which must have been upsetting on the playing front.

Being subjected to one bizarre refereeing/VAR decision after another; while that may have been a wet dream for the conspiracy theorists it must have been demoralising for the players.

A transfer window which was a mixed bag - we got a better keeper and a player for the future but not the defender we badly needed.

When all said and done, we are a much better team to watch.

Most wanted the low block gone, and Nuno, in the main, has got rid of that.

He has displayed that the current players, with a couple of targeted additions, can be a force to be reckoned with.

We could change manager, but that is an even money shot whether we get good or bad, and its almost certain that a new manager will want his own players in, that is an expense we can do without.

Stick with Nuno, strengthen the spine of the team and jobs a gudden

A disastrous AFCON, losing the largest contingent of players in the league, some of whom came back injured.

Being subjected to one bizarre refereeing/VAR decision after another; while that may have been a wet dream for the conspiracy theorists it must have been demoralising for the players.

A transfer window which was a mixed bag - we got a better keeper and a player for the future but not the defender we badly needed.

He has displayed that the current players, with a couple of targeted additions, can be a force to be reckoned with.

We could change manager, but that is an even money shot whether we get good or bad, and its almost certain that a new manager will want his own players in, that is an expense we can do without.

100% agreed.

Contrary to the song, we have been shambolic off the pitch.
Give him full pre-season, get rid of the dead wood, a few additions and develop his style and we'll be more than safe next year.

I'm open to this.

But I need convincing how we are going to be better next year.

5 wins in 20 games, works out to only 8 over a season; unlikely to be enough.

Tell me where the extra performance and actual result getting is going to come from?

I'm open to this.

But I need convincing how we are going to be better next year.

5 wins in 20 games, works out to only 8 over a season; unlikely to be enough.

Tell me where the extra performance and actual result getting is going to come from?
We stop defending like a team of individuals and that will bring an immediate improvement.

You can coach players 24/7 and it will not make any difference whatsoever where individual mistakes are concerned, and our biggest fault at present is individual mistakes.

Footballers fall into two categories, leaders and followers; we have far to many of the latter and not enough of the former, and that is not Nuno's fault - he can only pick the players available to him.

Even at PL level, players need telling what to do and they need organising; we do not have anyone capable of organising us, either in play or at set pieces - we have players too focussed on their own job and pay little attention to what is happening around them.

People get too fixated with a football manager mentality where the best eleven players get picked; football is not like that, more often than not the best eleven players do not make the best team.

We lack character and leadership, two commodities that are just as important as skill.

If you were to look at the games we have played since the New Year you can quickly see the damage that the individual errors are costing us

Four lost games which should have been draws and three drawn games which should have been wins.

That 13 points in little over four Months.

So in reality the message is get better players less inclined to make individual errors ….. revolutionary

more like chop and change needs a rest and a little more training ground investment in playing as a team will pay dividends.

I think he is right. poor old nuno has been fire fighting since he got here. we've dodged the fire pit this time and have a chance to build if we target the players we need.

think his point on leadership is well made but Cooper caused a big vacuum when he left and nuno is a quiet man- probably drips through to the team. it is also hard to boss people around when you don't know each other. imo that will come with a bit more experience and confidence.

By the way; if you go back several pips, you will no doubt remember my prediction that 30 points would be sufficient to stay up.
Yes Im suitably impressed but there is a smidgen of a chance you will still be incorrect. I was going to congratulate you on your prediction after we survived. It certainly makes up for all that PSR bollox you were spouting

Yes Im suitably impressed but there is a smidgen of a chance you will still be incorrect. I was going to congratulate you on your prediction after we survived. It certainly makes up for all that PSR bollox you were spouting
There is more than a smidgen. He is correct. Maximum Luton can get is 29

Has Nuno got the best out of him, or has time done that?

This is nothing to do with Cooper.

There are a lot of other people who are vocally unconvinced about Nuno at the moment. Will you be critically replying to all of them, or am I "special"?
Yep. Cooper is long gone and will have a new job soon enough. I was gutted when he went even though I knew he was done and I will wish him well as long as he doesn’t manage Derby…

Nuno just has only marginally improved things and I won’t shed a tear if we replace him.

CHO had been trying to go on the outside the odd time in previous games but a mix of confidence and the intelligence to know he needed to create space for himself seemed to prompt a real shift in his game.

Nuno managed Traore and got fuck all out of him. Nobody else has managed to get anything out of him but I think it must have traumatised him to the point that he has now broken Elanga. In fairness Elanga was at his best when we defended deep and hit teams on the counter but it shouldn’t be difficult to figure how to get decent performances from him.