Do we have any players of our own championship level | Page 2 | Vital Football

Do we have any players of our own championship level

Really cannot make this up,read what people say,you said only Powell ,yet when someone mentioned someone else you posted they were correct! So as others have pointed out your initial comment of only Powell was typically nonesense!! Thats what he is saying!![/QUOTE
But you must know as on the transfer thread you said you wanted him back!

But you must know as on the transfer thread you said you wanted him back!
if he played like last time he was here yes

Do you think Yanic Wildshute is currently Championship class?

He certainly was for us and I think he could be again if used correctly. His electric pace and direct dribbling can be devastating. I would certainly have him back but he's not Cooks type.

Sheff U apparently after him.

Its not happening for him here but Joe garner is a proven goalscorer at this level for multiple teams. He's still only 30 and if he left us I'd be wiling to bet he'd go to another championship club (and probably score a hatful)

Players? What about supporters?

ill bring me boots. tb dust off your gloves mate. oi notts. sod the coching the youth teem get your arris up heer on sat. sorry miw. your on the bench mate but the good news is youll come on to replace naismith after 10 mins.

think were all aloud to have a gripe now and then. dont forget some of us are still northern prem supporters an all.

the days of buckets and cofins as gone but the spirit remanes.

Its not happening for him here but Joe garner is a proven goalscorer at this level for multiple teams. He's still only 30 and if he left us I'd be wiling to bet he'd go to another championship club (and probably score a hatful)
Did really well at Preston at League 1 level but their fans were not heartbroken when he left for Rangers.
He plays well with a strike partner like he did in his good season at Preston, so hard to understand why we signed him when we only ever play with one up top.

ill bring me boots. tb dust off your gloves mate. oi notts. sod the coching the youth teem get your arris up heer on sat. sorry miw. your on the bench mate but the good news is youll come on to replace naismith after 10 mins.

think were all aloud to have a gripe now and then. dont forget some of us are still northern prem supporters an all.

the days of buckets and cofins as gone but the spirit remanes.

Cool. I'll start practicing standing still like the great man waving my arms in the air as players run past me. You'll never know I've replaced him.

He plays well with a strike partner like he did in his good season at Preston, so hard to understand why we signed him when we only ever play with one up top.

I think this proves its the current system and not necessarily the players. We've tried to fit square pegs in round holes since the 2013 relegation. You can point to recruitment but when you change the manager and system every six months then you'll never get a balanced side. We need to decide on a style of football we are going to play consistently and then buy to accomadate this. Goalscorers are the hardest thing in football to acquire, so if we have vaughn, Grigg and garner (who I think are all capable in the right system) let's play to their strengths, double them up and give it a go that way. Rather than messing about chasing the mythical twenty goal a season striker let's at least give the options we have the best chance of success.
I believe the championship has the biggest gulf in quality within the division. Its debatable if any of our players would get into a WBA side etc but that doesn't mean they're not ready to play at this level, it just means they're not top half/even top fifteen players. But with astute management and hardwork there is no reason the majority of the recognised first eleven couldn't forge careers at this level. In much the same way the scharners/Watsons of the world did at prem level.

The potential to fully embed a style of play into the club as a lasting legacy was missed, by Dave Whelan, when he appointed Owen feckin Coyle.
For me we are continuing to pay the price for that as we have lost a consistent identity ever since.
Our early season form showed some elements of a return however we now have a Jekyll and hide manager situation which is worse than changing managers to change playing style.

When playing one up front you need an attacking midfield to help out. With Powell and Jacobs out, the lone striker never has any support because the midfield players are all too deep/or too slow to get up there to support him.
Vaughan is probably the best target man we have, but who ever plays that roll, without support from the midfield, or a strike partner we will never score goals at this level.
Powell as a number 10, and/or one of the other forwards up there with Vaughan, and we might see some improvement.
Its no good saying we will get overrun in midfield because that is happening now any way with five midfielders.
Some say you can't play 442 any more as it doesn't work, well, whatever formation we are supposedly playing at the moment certainley isn't working, so isn't it about time we at least tried something different?

Form is temporary. We have a lot of players easily good enough for this level played in the right system.

Blackburn were weaker than us last season, finished below us, didn't do much transfer business but they're finding the step up ok, as they've kept the same successful tactics from last season ticking over.

Millwall finished 8th in the Championship last season, having scraped the play offs in League One the season before. Despite having a vastly inferior aquad than ours now.

Sheff United have a squad filled with players brought mostly from League One, who didn't exactly stand out at that level. But are doing fine in this division. Leon Clarke was woeful in our system a few years ago yet at 33 bagged 20+ goals last season at this level.

By many peoples reckonings all 3 of the above aren't Championship quality. If you have a manager who can get the team well organised and play to their players strengths it makes a huge difference.

Opening 9 games we play high pressing, high tempo, quick passing, attacking football which suited our players and we looked fantastic and at home at this level. Third in the table and 2 points off top.

After a shaky start Dunkley and Kipre started to form a really strong partnership. Both full backs looked good going forward, James good defensively. Morsy and Evans pressed high up, Evans had created at that point the most chances out of any player in the Championship. Jacobs, Powell, Massey and Grigg were all flourishing and dominating every opponent we faced.

Then we changed tactics to a completely contrasting style which left the players looking hopeless and lost. Then 3/4 games later the injury crisis hit and made things even worse.

Play to our strengths and I've seen enough of this side in the opening 9 games and the 5 games against Premier League opponents last season to know we're more than good enough to finish comfortably mid table at this level. Much weaker squads over the past 5 years have come up and had no problems settling in. It's always the ones that panic and change how they play, deviating from what made them successful that struggle. We have made that same mistake each of the last 3 seasons at this level. Stopped doing what worked for us.