Dimitar Evtimov | Vital Football

Dimitar Evtimov

Jordan_Bulgaria

Vital Reserves Team
Interview in Bulgarian media:

- How do you feel at Burton, tell us more about the team, the club, the ambitions ...?

"I feel very good, I've been here for a month. The atmosphere is very good and I know a few of the guys from before that time. We used to be together in Nottingham Forest some time ago. There are also guys I've met with other teams where I've been on loan. There is a good mix of experienced players and young players, which is good for the team.
The fans here accepted me quite well. I can say that the club is family oriented. It is not big but it is visited by many of the older generation as well as by people with children.
With Nigel Clough, I get along too. However, he is a former Forest player and has a sympathy for the club. He had heard a lot of things about me from Nottingham people. Still, I was there for almost eight years. By means of their recommendations, he found me."

- It's a very interesting game for you. On October 30, you meet Nottingham in the League Cup. Is it the feeling in particular?

"Yes! It's different! Many people wrote to me after the draw. They look forward to coming out against me, I too. I received many positive messages from Forest fans on social networks. They wished me success. The game will be very special to me because I was almost eight years there. I had a feeling that the draw would meet us. When the draw came out, I just hoped to offer me a new contract, because the first one ran out. Fortunately, I got a proposal for another month and I'm here for the Forest match."

- Why did not happen in Forest after the excellent evaluations of your development? They repeatedly refused to part with you and pointed out that you were part of the club's long-term plans ...

"For the last two years in the Forest I did not develop the way I wanted. First because of an injury - a knee problem that I was absent for about three months. Then there was a crisis at the goalkeepers, and a younger boy from me got a chance. And he played well.
Then came a new coach and new leadership that wanted more experienced players in the team with more matches.
Our ways began to diverge, and it was best for me to end the relationship because I saw that I had no chances there.
I had to search for a new team and in August we decided to terminate the contract by mutual agreement. I was a free agent for ten days and the call from Burton came."

- What's so special about English football? What is the magic?

"The most special in English football are the fans. For every match the stadium is filled. There are young mothers with children, elderly people. Atmosphere, fast football and fightings ... And that the small teams can beat the big ones, as we did with Burton against the elite Burnley."

(Jordan: I am so sorry for my english!)

Last edited: