Dean Windarse | Vital Football

Dean Windarse

18 goals last season and seen plenty of Rangers fans thinking he’ll go onto big things. Seems a powerful centre-forward and good finisher. Not seen enough to make much more of a judgement.

If he doesn't score in his first five games Dean will be apapleptic at the response of the Latics fans.

Let's see what cook can do with him, but suspect he'll be far from first choice.
We’ve paid 2.5 million for this kid. 18 goals last season mainly from attacking midfield, to put that into perspective Waghorn got 2 less the season before he moved to Ipswich and is now an 8 million player. He’s not come to sit on the bench, he’ll be starting by the end of the month.

His body language in his interview is very telling. Plus his RT on social media saying that “Rangers have sold their top scorer”. I don’t think he wanted to leave Rangers and is upset at being told he could go, sounds very miffed by the whole situation. I hope he plays with a point to prove.

Last edited:
We’ve paid 2.5 million for this kid. 18 goals last season mainly from attacking midfield, to put that into perspective Waghorn got 2 less the season before he moved to Ipswich and is now an 8 million player. He’s not come to sit on the bench, he’ll be starting by the end of the month.

His body language in his interview is very telling. Plus his RT on social media saying that “Rangers have sold their top scorer”. I don’t think he wanted to leave Rangers and is upset at being told he could go, sounds very miffed by the whole situation. I hope he plays with a point to prove.
Majority of rangers fans hated him due to him schussing the crowd at ibrox and getting involved with fans in a social media spat . I like him and maybe with that pressure released he can flourish.

I thought he was an outright striker. But appears he’s more of a direct winger who can cut in an get his fair share of goals. His finishing suggests he could play up top.

Majority of rangers fans hated him due to him schussing the crowd at ibrox and getting involved with fans in a social media spat . I like him and maybe with that pressure released he can flourish.
The kid went too big too soon in my opinion. Takes someone very thick skinned to go from one man and his dog at Accrington to 40k a week at Glasgow Rangers. He’ll do better here where he’s in more of an underdog element. I like him as well and I respect Scottish football, was very impressed with Rangers when we went there and Kipre has taken to the Championship just fine for now. He’ll be a good signing.

The kid went too big too soon in my opinion. Takes someone very thick skinned to go from one man and his dog at Accrington to 40k a week at Glasgow Rangers. He’ll do better here where he’s in more of an underdog element. I like him as well and I respect Scottish football, was very impressed with Rangers when we went there and Kipre has taken to the Championship just fine for now. He’ll be a good signing.
Cheers c latic I wish we had signed mcginn when we showed interest and kept hendry .