DC Press Conference Summary | Vital Football

DC Press Conference Summary

Rasenimp

Vital Football Legend
Just watched the video on Facebook:

- Eardley here until Jan but has a trigger if he plays X amount of games to extend to the end of the season. Thinks he is reliable and one of the players (like Habergham) he won't have to worry about going about their business.

- DC has had a lot of calls about Howe since he said he was available for loan. Says he has to play but he does really rate him and could be a good player for City in the future.

- No bid has been close to Raggett's valuation so far. Playing a waiting game. Danny is working on contingencies/other options but he's a City player for now. We don't have 'control' over the situation, and we'd prefer to sort it before the end of the window but can't necessarily do anything about it (hint at release clause for me(?)) Said people call him and talk about Raggett performances at Burnley or against Brighton but the measure of him is how he played at games like Solihull away.

- Gary Johnson spoke to DC and said that he had wanted to keep Dickie at Cheltenham and he is more than ready to cope with playing in the FL for City. Thinks it will be 'hell of a competition' between the 'three' (Raggett/Waterfall/Dickie with Howe on loan?)

- Last day he went to Cambridge/Wycombe and Nicky went to Stevenage/Accrington. Rates Wycombe as a well organised team who have kept the core of their players, expects them to do well. Thinks it will be be pretty tight on Saturday. They have good second ball winners and you'd expect them to get the ball into Akinfenwa regularly.

- Looking forward to hear the fans on Saturday! Thinks fans will be important this year, as it's going to be a tough season against some tough teams. Important club and players don't get ahead of themselves. Transitional period, work to happen in terms of business side of the club and training pitch. Re-iterated top 12 half way through the season would be good and that we'd get better as the season goes on.

- Injury wise we're ok apart from Sam. One or two niggles but expect to clear up. Credits sports science.

- Hardest transfer window he has ever had. Being patient has been tough but getting close to where they want to be now.

There were a lot of slightly wet questions about how intense it was going to be in League 2 and was everyone feeling the pressure. Think DC is just keen to get going !

Very informative, cheers for that. Interesting comments about Raggett – I wonder how much that release ACTUALLY is?

I notice he said he is also still two players short of "where we want to be".

Question from reporter: "Will it be a benefit NOT to be playing at home in front of a packed Sincil Bank crowd?"

WHAT??!?! Thankfully, Danny confirmed the negative...

The Imposter - 3/8/2017 21:50

Very informative, cheers for that. Interesting comments about Raggett – I wonder how much that release ACTUALLY is?

Two defenders? One defender or a forward?

The Imposter - 3/8/2017 21:50

Two defenders? One defender or a forward?

The Imposter - 4/8/2017 14:03

Question from reporter: "Will it be a benefit NOT to be playing at home in front of a packed Sincil Bank crowd?"

WHAT??!?! Thankfully, Danny confirmed the negative...

Yeah that was a question that sort of answered itself, even though I know what he meant.

Hortin was saying on their FB Live earlier that DC has said he may opt to use Ginnelly as a back-up striker (whilst still using him primarily as a winger) and bring another winger in instead.

Luke Imp - 5/8/2017 08:19

Hortin was saying on their FB Live earlier that DC has said he may opt to use Ginnelly as a back-up striker (whilst still using him primarily as a winger) and bring another winger in instead.

Think that was in the echo the other day. Done alright in pre season but his end product and finishing was a bit dodgy last season, wouldn't want to rely on him if Green went down for an extended period ??

Well, Danny certainly has an eye for a winger - in the last year he has signed Ginnelly, Anderson, Arnold, and Maguire-Drew, all of whom are crackers. Ward wasn't bad either.

I still don't understand the release clause fully: my belief is that it is not a set transfer fee, just a trigger for discussion if the player wants to go to that club. Anyone know otherwise?

Scotimp - 5/8/2017 08:32

Well, Danny certainly has an eye for a winger - in the last year he has signed Ginnelly, Anderson, Arnold, and Maguire-Drew, all of whom are crackers. Ward wasn't bad either.

I still don't understand the release clause fully: my belief is that it is not a set transfer fee, just a trigger for discussion if the player wants to go to that club. Anyone know otherwise?

They seem to vary in what they mean, from clause to clause, league to league, county to country.

I think the usual position is that we have to accept a bid of 350k. The Suarez one (Arsenal's 40 million and one pound) was more like you can talk to him but we can say no ?