Dazza's guide to Elland Road | Vital Football

Dazza's guide to Elland Road

dazza71

Alert Team
Parking
Plenty of parking around the ground. Priced between £5 and £10. It can take a while to get away after the game.

Driving
M1 onto the M621 and follow signs for Elland Road.

Train
Ground is a couple of miles from the station. They do shuttle buses to and from the station, dropping off at the ground.

Drinking
You have Howards Bar at the away end or the only other away friendly pub is the Dry Salters on the corner of Elland Road. A five minute walk from the ground. You will be heading away from the ground and the city centre.

Eating
There is a fish and chip shop, small café, a Subways plus the usual burger vans on Elland Road just by the ground. Food in the ground isn’t great. If you buy a pie, you need to give yourself 30 minutes before trying to eat it. Cooked at 300f!

Ground
Coaches will be parked on Fullerton Park (for those who know Elland Road) it used to be the training pitch until the early 1990s. Away fans are right by their own end. You will not have any problems walking around the ground in colours before the game.

You are situated in the West Stand, the oldest stand in the ground and it shows. Not the best view and definitely seen better days.

Be warned – The WYP and stewards are not the friendliest. The stewards will not think twice before ejecting anyone and they have a terrible reputation for heavy handed and unjust tactics.

Finally –Enjoy your day and I hope the two sides serve up an entertaining game.

PS - If you have any other questions before the day, let me know.

Here it is now Caz, lol!!!

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/elland-road-leeds-united-fc.html

No we're not Dazza. But some of my family are, Matt and his wife, Grace and her fella. She lives in Leeds now. Oh and if you see someone who looks like this lass, it could be Grace.

Attachments

• 10402961_10203646519300106_3299229705065276814_n.jpg
    10402961_10203646519300106_3299229705065276814_n.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 0
Enjoy your day. I was woken up at 5.30am by my little lad singing 'Marching on Together' I think he is a tad excited. Good crowd expected so arrive in plenty of time.

All the Police were friendly with us and some of the stewards - though some were rather grumpy!

Strange set up for disabled supporters. Put them in a good viewing space then let all the fans in front of them stand up all game - not very helpful that!

That is the same problem at Huddersfield where the disabled supporters are at the back of the stand.

Now we didn't have a problem at Huddersfield - but Malc is ambulant disabled so we don't usually sit in the wheelchair bays - think they took us down the bottom without any steps.

I just wish I had a few quid on some of it, especially the Rotherham scores. I seemed to get quite a few bang on.